|By PR Newswire||
|December 3, 2012 02:05 AM EST||
- 115 million visits and over £550M spent expected on 3 December
LONDON, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CyberMonday.co.uk, the official Cyber Monday UK website, announced that 3 December will be the busiest day ever in UK online retail history with 115 million visits to retail websites, up 36% from last year. On Cyber Monday, Britons will spend £550M and spend 15 million hours shopping online, almost 15 minutes per person. Cyber Monday in the UK, the first Monday of December, was founded in 2009 by global voucher code company eCoupons.com and is the busiest sale day of the year for many UK online retailers.
Matthew Cheng, founder of eCoupons.com and creator of CyberMonday.co.uk said, "This year, Cyber Monday is 3 December with both Argos and Amazon.co.uk declaring Cyber Monday to be their busiest sales day of the year. Argos expects to dispatch more than a quarter million items versus Amazon.co.uk taking 2.3 million orders on Cyber Monday."
Featured Cyber Monday UK Sales:
- eBooks.com: 15% off order with Code: CyberMonday
- Jessops: Cyber Monday Sale Up to 60% off.
- LED Hut: 10% off order with Code: CyberMonday
- Moss: 15% off £50 with Code: CyberMonday
- Van Mildert: 10% off Student Discount with Code: CyberMonday
Cyber Monday is also called "Mega Monday" by some UK retailers. However, "Mega Monday" is a trademarked term of The Hut.com Limited. Cyber Monday is a generic term created by Shop.org in 2005. Today, nearly all U.S. Retailers hold Cyber Monday sales on the Monday following Thanksgiving and Black Friday. The term Cyber Monday is now used internationally by online stores in Australia, Canada, France, Germany and Portugal.
Starting 24 December, UK online retailers will begin Cyber Boxing Day sales. Cyber Boxing Day is the online version of the Boxing Day retail frenzy with website traffic building on Christmas Day and peaking on Boxing Day 26 December once all Boxing Day sales are launched.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London