|By PR Newswire||
|December 3, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
MONDAY, DECEMBER 3: BROADWAY OPENING
Profile America — Monday, December 3rd. Sixty-five years ago today, one of Broadway's most memorable plays opened — Tennessee Williams' "A Streetcar Named Desire." The play, which ran for two years, featured Jessica Tandy as Blanche du Bois and newcomer Marlon Brando as Stanley Kowalski. Williams won a Pulitzer Prize for drama, and Tandy was awarded a Tony for best actress in a play. The movie version of "A Streetcar Named Desire," again starring Brando, was also a smash hit. There are just over 3,000 theater companies across the U.S., and their productions sell $5.4 billion in tickets annually. You can find current data on the country's economy by downloading the new "America's Economy" mobile application at www.census.gov/mobile.
Sources: Chase's Calendar of Events 2012, p. 576
2007 Economic Census, NAICS 7111102
Profile America is produced by the Center for New Media and Promotions of the U.S. Census Bureau. These daily features are available as produced segments, ready to air, on a monthly CD or on the Internet at http://www.census.gov (look for "Multimedia Gallery" by the "Newsroom" button).
CONTACT: Rick Reed of the U.S. Census Bureau, +1-301-763-2812, fax: +1-301-763-3762, richard.thomas.reed-at-census.gov
SOURCE U.S. Census Bureau
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks