|By Business Wire||
|December 2, 2012 07:39 PM EST||
News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) announced that Tom Mockridge, who has served as Chief Executive Officer of News International since July 2011, will leave the company at the end of the year to pursue outside opportunities.
Rupert Murdoch, Chairman and CEO of News Corporation, commented: “For nearly 22 years, it has been my pleasure to have Tom Mockridge as a colleague. Whether it was his early days with our newspaper group in Australia, his incredible work building SKY Italia, or his steadfast leadership of News International, Tom has always been a skilled executive and a trusted friend. His decision to step down is absolutely and entirely his own. I am sorry to see him leave us but I know he will be a great success wherever he goes.”
Mr. Mockridge joined News Ltd in Australia in 1991, was CEO of Foxtel from 1997 to 2000, spent a year with James Murdoch at Star TV, then transferred to New Zealand as CEO of what was then the Company’s newspaper operations and Chair of SkyNZ, before moving to Italy in 2002 to create Sky Italia. Subsequently he also assumed the role of CEO European Television, and serves on the Boards of BSkyB and Sky Deutschland and is Chair of Fox Turkey.
About News Corporation
News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) had total assets as of September 30, 2012 of approximately US$60 billion and total annual revenues of approximately US$34 billion. News Corporation is a diversified global media company with operations in six industry segments: cable network programming; filmed entertainment; television; direct broadcast satellite television; publishing; and other. The activities of News Corporation are conducted principally in the United States, Continental Europe, the United Kingdom, Australia, Asia and Latin America.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher