|By Marketwired .||
|December 1, 2012 04:42 AM EST||
ISTRES, FRANCE -- (Marketwire) -- 12/01/12 -- Today, the nEUROn, Europe's unmanned combat air vehicle (UCAV) stealth technology demonstrator, successfully completed its maiden flight from the Dassault Aviation company's flight test base in Istres, in collaboration with the flight test personnel of the French defense procurement agency (DGA).
The nEUROn was launched in 2005 by the customer, DGA, and involves France, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Greece and Switzerland. It defines a future for the aeronautic excellence of Europe.
With Dassault Aviation as prime contractor, the program was designed to pool the skills and know-how of Alenia Aermacchi (Italy), Saab (Sweden), EADS-CASA (Spain), HAI (Greece), RUAG (Switzerland) and Thales (France).
With a length of 10 meters, a wingspan of 12.5 meters and an empty weight of 5 tons, the aircraft is powered by a Rolls-Royce Turbomeca "Adour" engine.
The nEUROn will continue to undergo testing in France until 2014, at which time it will be sent to Vidsel in Sweden for a series of operational trials. It will then go to the Perdadesfogu range (Italy) for further tests, in particular firing and stealth measurements.
About Dassault Aviation
With more than 8,000 military and civil aircraft delivered to 75 countries over the past 60 years, and having logged nearly 20 million flight hours to date, Dassault Aviation can offer recognized know-how and experience in the design, development, sale and support of all types of aircraft, from the Rafale fighter to the Falcon range of high-end business jets. Dassault Aviation's unique experience as architect of complex airborne systems ideally positions it to offer strategic expertise, innovative operational solutions and an efficient approach to cooperation.
For high resolution photo of the nEUROn, visit: http://mediapro.dassault-aviation.com/
For high resolution videos of the nEUROn, visit: ftp://planimonteur.com
Dassault Aviation:The nEUROn makes its maiden flight: http://hugin.info/143388/R/1661932/538518.pdf
This announcement is distributed by Thomson Reuters on behalf of Thomson Reuters clients. The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Dassault Aviation via Thomson Reuters ONE
Dassault Aviation, nEUROn communication
Tel.: +33 (0)1 47 11 86 91
Dassault Aviation, corporate communication
Tel.: +33 (0)1 47 11 86 90
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London