|By Marketwired .||
|December 1, 2012 12:30 AM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 12/01/12 --
Product photos are available at http://bit.ly/VkRz2g.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and Costco Wholesale Canada Inc. are warning the public not to consume the Veggie Patch brand The Ultimate Meatless Burger described below because the product may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
The affected product, Veggie Patch brand The Ultimate Meatless Burger, was produced in the United States of America and imported into Canada. This product was sold refrigerated in 1.02 kg tray, bearing UPC 6 10129 08477 7. The two Best Before dates affected by this alert are Jan/12/2013 and Jan/17/2013.
This product has been distributed in New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, and Quebec.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product.
Food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes may not look or smell spoiled. Consumption of food contaminated with these bacteria may cause listeriosis, a foodborne illness. Listeriosis can cause high fever, severe headache, neck stiffness and nausea. Pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems are particularly at risk. Infected pregnant women may experience only a mild, flu-like illness, however, infections during pregnancy can lead to premature delivery, infection of the newborn, or even stillbirth.
The importer, Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd., Ottawa, ON, is voluntarily recalling the affected product from the marketplace. The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
For more information consumers and industry can call one of the following numbers:
VEGGIE PATCH (manufacturer) at 1-888-807-0765 (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern time, Sunday to Saturday, or at email@example.com.
CFIA at 1-800-442-2342 / TTY 1-800-465-7735 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday to Friday).
For information on Listeria monocytogenes, visit the Food Facts web page at:
For information on all food recalls, visit the CFIA's Food Recall Report at: http://active.inspection.gc.ca/eng/corp/recarapp_dbe.asp.
To find out more about receiving recalls by e-mail, and other food safety facts, visit: www.foodsafety.gc.ca. Food and consumer product recalls are also available at http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca.
Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
CFIA Media Relations
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks