|By PR Newswire||
|November 30, 2012 10:54 PM EST||
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Non-profit organization, Choice Group Inc. (CGI), celebrates its inaugural fundraising gala with an intimate evening of recognition, exhibitions and performances on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at the Annenberg Beach House (415 Pacific Coast Highway, Santa Monica, CA 90402) at 6:30 PM (invite attached). The gala will showcase music, artwork and performances of Choice Group kids in the Los Angeles area along with special performances by award-winning recording duo and CGI Board Members, Erica and Tina Campbell of Mary Mary and Los Angeles-based singer Akelee. CGI, which is dedicated to providing quality media arts after-school programs for inner city and foster youth, will recognize and honor one of its board members, Grammy Award-winning producer Warryn Campbell, for his dedication to the program as well as title sponsor, Wells Fargo Bank's Branch Manager, Brad Moser for his involvement with CGI. The theme of the evening and overall message of CGI is "It's my choice", a slogan that encourages CGI kids to make better life choices.
"Knowing that so many schools are taking their music programs out, Choice Group offers that outlet for kids to have something meaningful and life-enhancing after school," says Mary Mary's Erica Campbell. "I know the program is very beneficial to at-risk youth. This is an organization that's making a difference in the community."
"We've seen Dana take children whose families may be facing economic challenges and have little to no knowledge of music and in 6-8 weeks, they are learning how to read music and playing collectively, like professionals," says Tina Campbell of Mary Mary. "We are encouraging others to get involved as we have because this is the organization to support. They are doing great things and it is definitely worth the time, effort and professional expertise of supporters."
In an effort to gather support for its mission from the music and entertainment industries, CGI's gala not only aims to raise funds, but also bring attention to the impact CGI's programs has made on the South Los Angeles community for the past five years.
Choice Group participants will showcase musical performances and art exhibitions created during the 16-week program. Sponsorship opportunities are still available. To support the event or purchase tickets click the link: http://bit.ly/SaPOAt.
For more information on Choice Group Inc. visit http://choicegroupinc.org/.
ABOUT CHOICE GROUP INC.
CGI aims to nurture the inherent talent, potential, and enthusiasm of young people from inner city and foster youth communities of Los Angeles, so that they can embrace the arts and education as vehicles to greater success in life. Music and arts programs, otherwise unavailable to many of the youth in the areas that CGI serves, nurture the kind of inner harmony, self-confidence and awareness, community engagement, and exposure to service, which conceive more mature, educated, and community-minded individuals.
Susie Juan & Yu PR
SOURCE Choice Group Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London