|By Marketwired .||
|November 30, 2012 09:11 PM EST||
LOS ANGELES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/30/12 -- TVG, America's Horseracing Network, and Tampa Bay Downs are delighted to announce that the Florida track's 2012-13 race meet is returning to the TVG broadcast schedule. The 91-day meet kicks off Saturday and continues through May 5.
In total, Tampa Bay Downs will present a 25 stakes schedule offering $2.6 million in purse money. Included are five graded events, highlighted by the March 9 Grade II, $350,000 Tampa Bay Derby, a Kentucky Derby stepping-stone that has produced two of the last six Run for the Roses champions.
In addition to the Tampa Bay Derby, the March 9 program will also include the Grade III $150,000 Hillsborough Stakes and the $100,000 Sun Coast Stakes. Rounding out the graded events are the Grade III, $250,000 Sam F. Davis Stakes (February 2), the Grade III, $150,000 Endeavour Stakes (February 2) and the Grade III, $150,000 Tampa Bay Stakes (February 16).
Things kick off Saturday with the Cotillion Festival featuring a pair of stakes for two-year-olds, the Inaugural Stakes and the Sandpiper (fillies) Stakes.
"We are excited to once again be televising the Tampa Bay Downs race meet," said Tony Allevato, TVG executive vice president. "In the past several years Tampa Bay Downs has become a destination for the connections of many top horses, as evidenced by how well meet graduates have done in the Triple Crown events, and the fact Fort Larned, this year's Breeders' Cup Classic winner, began his 2012 campaign with a pair of races there, taking home the Challenger Stakes."
Peter Berube, Vice President and General Manager, adds, "We are looking forward to returning to TVG and look forward to a mutually beneficial relationship throughout the upcoming season."
TVG account holders can wager on all Tampa Bay Downs races by visiting http://www.TVG.com.
TVG, a subsidiary of Betfair Group plc, the premier e-gaming betting community, is among the most widely distributed horseracing networks in the world. TVG is one of the largest legal online gaming companies in the US, accepting over $650 million in wagers in 2011. The company has demonstrated its commitment to the racing industry, its owners, tracks and fans through sponsorship of several preeminent races including the TVG Pacific Classic and the TVG Jockey Club Gold Cup.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks