|By PR Newswire||
|November 30, 2012 05:26 PM EST||
OTTAWA, Nov. 30, 2012 /CNW/ - Telesat, Canada's premiere satellite operator, would like to express its appreciation to Finance Minister James Flaherty and the Canadian Government for its invitation to participate in today's pre-budget consultation roundtable that focused on the continued implementation of Canada's Economic Action Plan and on addressing long-term economic challenges. The four hour session involved participants across all regions of the country drawn from business, academia and key stakeholder organizations.
"Telesat applauds and fully supports discussions like today's that reflect the strong commitment of the federal government to work closely with industry and other key groups to find the best collective path forward to meet Canada's economic needs," said Dan Goldberg, President and CEO of Telesat. "Telesat greatly appreciates the opportunity to be involved in this pre-budget consultation and looks forward to working with Minister Flaherty and other leaders in the public and private sectors to forge policies and programs that will support the competitiveness of Canadian industry and benefit all Canadians."
About Telesat (www.telesat.com)
Telesat is a leading global fixed satellite services operator providing reliable and secure satellite-delivered communications solutions worldwide to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices and facilities around the world, the company's state-of-the-art fleet consists of 13 satellites and the Canadian payload on ViaSat-1, plus one satellite awaiting launch. Telesat also manages the operations of additional satellites for third parties. Privately held, Telesat's principal shareholders are Canada's Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Loral Space & Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: LORL).
SOURCE Telesat Canada
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher