|By PR Newswire||
|November 30, 2012 05:24 PM EST||
DALLAS, Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Terroir, the art of selecting the proper soil type and location which will produce the highest quality of grapes and its relation to the quality of wine grapes produced, is a growing trend among vintners.  Modern research shows there are in fact intrinsic qualities of soil that blend the tending of proper soil type with actual science. The most important factors involved in healthy soil for vine growth include good internal drainage and adequate depth. These qualities can be lost when microbial populations in the soil become depleted over time. Bio S.I. Technology (www.biositechnology.com) has created their Agriculture formulas to return natural soil borne microbial populations to the soil, helping rebuild vineyard soil humus and improve soil structure. This improves water and fertilizer efficiency as well improving water penetration into the soil.
Chemical fertilizers and pesticides can have a detrimental impact on soil life. The microbes in Bio S.I. Agriculture Formula and Agriculture Select help reduce crusting, improve root mass, and help to release tied up nutrients in the soil. This is important when soil layers are shallow. Bio S.I. products help build humus in shallow soil which helps hold nutrients and water in the rhizosphere and can improve root vigor leading to better production. Compaction adversely affects the soil's ability to drain water as well as reduce root penetration and growth. Drainage is vital to grape vine root systems because they require an adequate amount of oxygen in the soil to survive. Dirt particles that are pressed too firmly together will become easily saturated with water, and the roots can suffocate and rot. The reintroduction of naturally occurring soil borne microbial populations with Bio S.I.'s formulas counteract the negative effects of both compaction and nutrient re-absorption.
"If you need to improve your vines' root vigor and growth, reduce crusting, and improve humus level in your vineyard, then Bio S.I. products will help you now," says Wayne Tucker, President of Bio S.I. Several vineyard owners point out that they have better looking vines with much less dead wood since starting our rebuilding program. They also comment on the quality of the grapes since beginning their rebuilding program."
SOURCE Bio S.I. Technology
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks