|By PR Newswire||
|November 30, 2012 05:12 PM EST||
LANDOVER, Md., Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Giant Food of Landover, Md., following a recall by Veggie Patch, announced it removed from sale packages of ultimate meatless burgers due to possible contamination by listeria monocytogenes.
The following product is included in this recall:
- Veggie Patch Ultimate Meatless Burger, UPC 61012900211, 9 oz., sell by date of January 12, 2013
Giant has received no reports of illnesses to date. Customers who have purchased the product should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Giant for a full refund.
Listeria is a common organism found in nature. Consumption of food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes can cause listeriosis, an uncommon but potentially fatal disease. Healthy people rarely contract listeriosis. However, listeriosis can cause high fever, severe headache, neck stiffness and nausea. Listeriosis can also cause miscarriages and stillbirths, as well as serious and sometimes fatal infections in those with weakened immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy.
Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Veggie Patch customer service at (888) 698-3444. In addition customers may call Giant Customer Service at (888) 469-4426 for more information. Customers can also visit the Giant website at www.giantfood.com.
About Giant Food of Landover, Md.
Giant Food LLC, headquartered in Landover, Md., operates 170 supermarkets in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia, and employs approximately 22,000 associates. Included within the 170 stores are 156 full-service pharmacies. Giant is owned by Ahold USA, Inc. For more information on Giant, visit www.GiantFood.com.
SOURCE Giant Food of Landover, Md.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks