|By PR Newswire||
|November 30, 2012 04:05 PM EST||
OAK BROOK, Ill., Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- TreeHouse Foods, Inc. (NYSE:THS) announced today that it has completed the acquisition of the assets of the Aseptic Cheese and Pudding business from Associated Milk Producers Inc. ("AMPI"), a dairy marketing cooperative based in New Ulm, Minnesota. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed, but are not expected to have a material effect on TreeHouse's results. The business sells products to foodservice and retail customers, and will be integrated into the Company's existing Bay Valley Foods aseptic operation which also produces cheese and pudding products primarily for its Food Away From Home segment.
"The addition of AMPI's aseptic cheese and pudding business will strengthen Bay Valley Foods' position as a market leader in these product categories and will expand our relationships with strategic customers," said Sam K. Reed, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. "Together with the acquisition of Naturally Fresh, we have added approximately $100 million of annualized sales in 2012 with products that greatly complement our existing portfolio."
ABOUT TREEHOUSE FOODS
TreeHouse is a food manufacturer servicing primarily the retail grocery and foodservice distribution channels. Our products include non-dairy powdered creamers, private label canned soups, refrigerated and shelf stable salad dressings and sauces, powdered drink mixes, hot cereals, macaroni and cheese, skillet dinners, Mexican sauces, jams and pie fillings, pickles and related products, aseptic sauces, and liquid non-dairy creamer. TreeHouse believes it is the largest manufacturer of pickles and non-dairy powdered creamer in the United States and the largest manufacturer of private label salad dressings, powdered drink mixes and instant hot cereals in the United States and Canada based on sales volume.
SOURCE TreeHouse Foods, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London