|By Business Wire||
|November 30, 2012 12:16 PM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2jwkq4/semiconductor) has announced the addition of the "Semiconductor Market in EMEA 2011-2015" report to their offering.
One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing demand for smartphones and tablet PCs. The Semiconductor market in the EMEA region has also been witnessing the development of multifunctional ICs. However, the cyclical demand pattern could pose a challenge to the growth of this market.
The key vendors dominating this market space are Semiconductor Electronics Co. Ltd., Intel Corp., Infineon Technologies AG, STMicroelectronics N.V., and Toshiba Corp.
The other vendors mentioned in the report are Advanced Micro Devices Inc., Broadcom Corp., Micron Technology Inc., Qualcomm Inc., Renesas Electronics Corp., SK Hynix Inc., and Texas Instruments Inc.
Commenting on the report, an analyst from TechNavio's Hardware team said: ''The integration of multiple functions in a single integrated circuit (IC) is one of the major trends in the market. For instance, a single IC might have Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and a number of other functions. Multifunctional ICs have the advantage of being able to support multiple applications, thus occupying less space in the device. With the increase in the number of functions, the power consumed by the IC will be higher. Excessive power consumption will tend to reduce the service life of the product. Thus, vendors are concentrating on developing ICs with multifunctional capabilities that consume less power.''
According to the report, the Automotive sector is one of the major contributors to the growth of the Semiconductor market in the EMEA region. The Automotive sector in Germany is one of the key adopters of semiconductors in the EMEA region. In terms of the number of automobiles produced, Germany stood in the third position in 2011. The increasing demand among customers for more digital content and automated electronic systems in automobiles is one of the major factors contributing to the growth of the Semiconductor market in the EMEA region.
Further, the report reveals that the main challenge faced by the market is the cyclical demand pattern of the Global Semiconductor market.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2jwkq4/semiconductor
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London