|By PR Newswire||
|November 30, 2012 07:48 AM EST||
- Star Wars of eSports 'WCG 2012 Grand Final' opens today for 4 days
- 500 players from 40 countries will compete in over 2,000 tournaments
- Results of each tournament will be updated in real time on WCG homepage -- Match Center
KUNSHAN, China, Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- World Cyber Games, the longest eSports competition in the world, held the opening press conference and spectacular opening ceremony for the WCG 2012 Grand Final in Kunshan, China on Nov 29th.
The Opening Press Conference was held with 300 journalists from over 30 countries and Opening Ceremony was held in Kunshan International Convention & Exhibition Center with about 500 players from 40 countries and fans.
At the WCG 2012 Grand Final Opening Ceremony, Kunqu Opera and Jiangnan Sizhu, the traditional dance performance of Kunshan, were performed to welcome players and fans from all over the world. Also, representative of each country showed in the stage A with their flag-waiving performance. After that, the Fair Play Oath was read by Chinese famous Warcraft® III: The Frozen Throne™ (Warcraft III) player Sky (Li Xiao Feng) and Matija Biljeskovic, the representative referee of DOTA™2 from USA.
After the official Opening Ceremony, Moon (Jang, Jae Ho, Korea) and Sky (Li Xio Feng, China) had an opening match. Moon won the game and gave a good start sign to Team Korea members and fans.
Despite it is weekday, about 20,000 fans visited the Kunshan International Convention & Exhibition Center to see exciting tournaments. In addition, many fans of WCG participated in special events at the booths of sponsors like Samsung Electronics, NVIDIA and Seagate and publishers like NEOWIZ GAMES, Nexon, QQ Speed and Wargaming.
Brad Lee, CEO of World Cyber Games said, "This year's Grand Final marks the second time the WCG has selected China for its biggest event of the year. Since China is one of the largest markets in the eSports having over 1.5 million gamers, I am proud to hold the WCG 2012 Grand Final in Kunshan. I expect this year's event will be one of the most spectacular WCG Grand Finals to date."
All stage matches of WCG 2012 Grand Final are broadcasting live by WCG official website, Twitch TV, Korean Ongamenet and Chinese NeoTV, and the results will be updated in real time at the 'Match Center' on the WCG homepage. In addition, all the fans of WCG can participate events to win the 'Samsung Notebook Series 7 Gamer' the official notebook PC of WCG 2012 from the WCG 2012 Facebook.
The WCG 2012 Grand Final will take place in Kunshan International Convention & Exhibition Center in Kunshan, China from Nov 29 to Dec 2.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks