|By Business Wire||
|November 30, 2012 06:16 AM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q59dsf/usb_in_54_device) has announced the addition of the "USB in 54 Device Segments 2010 to 2016" report to their offering.
USB 3.0 DEVICES SET TO GROW MORE THAN 500% FROM 2012 TO 2016
Over 590 USB 3.0 Certified Devices on the Market as of September 2012
Multimedia Research Group, Inc. (MRG), the market leader in the Video and Media ecosystem for more than 20 years, has released another in its series of Multimedia Technology reports with USB in 54 Device Segments 2010 to 2016.
Since its introduction in 1996, USB has displaced a host of wired connectivity standards including FireWire, PS/2 and serial ports, once used to connect everything from mice to printers to external hard drives. MRG analyst Greg Potter explains, "With its enormous installed base, and backwards compatibility among 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0, USB will grow as quickly as the devices it serves and that growth is significant."
Key Findings from This Study Included:
- USB 1.1 devices are still shipping in low-end applications such as mice.
- Shipments of USB 2.0 devices will peak in 2012. While some 2.0 devices will continue to grow, others, including notebooks will fall to virtually zero by the end of the forecast period.
- Although initial adoption of USB 3.0 was fairly weak, by 2016 device shipments and the installed base will have grown tremendously, led by smartphones.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- USB Power Specification
- USB 3.0
- USB 2.0
- USB 1.1
- USB Webcam Controllers for Laptops
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q59dsf/usb_in_54_device
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks