|By PR Newswire||
|November 30, 2012 03:26 AM EST||
- Twenty-six students at Jewellery Institute received scholarships and grants
HONG KONG, Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Asia has joined hands with the Jewellery Institute of Guangzhou Panyu Polytechnic in China to set up the UBM Asia Scholarship and UBM Asia Grant for the students. This School-Enterprise collaboration aims to recognise students with outstanding academic achievement and to support the underprivileged students. The signing ceremony and the first UBM Asia Scholarship and UBM Asia Grant presentation ceremony was held on 27 November 2012 at Guangzhou Panyu Polytechnic.
(Photo: http://www.prnasia.com/sa/2012/11/30/20121130150935272046.html )
(Photo: http://www.prnasia.com/sa/2012/11/30/20121130151043860902.html )
(Logo: http://www.prnasia.com/sa/2010/04/19/20100419602891.jpg )
Government officials from Guangzhou Education Bureau, Bureau of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation of Guangzhou Municipality, Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation Bureau of Panyu Guangzhou Municipality, and guests from Guangdong Gold and Silver Jewellery Association, Guangdong Golden Jewellery and Jade Industry Association, Gold Association of Guang Dong Province, Guangzhou Panyu Jewelry Manufacturers Association attended the ceremony to witness the signing of the collaboration agreement between UBM Asia, represented by Mr. Wolfram Diener, Senior Vice President of UBM Asia, and Guangzhou Panyu Polytechnic, represented by Mr. Wang Chang, Dean of Jewellery Institute.
UBM Asia funds Renminbi 50,000 yuan for the UBM Asia Scholarship and 30,000 yuan for the UBM Asia Grant every year with an annual Awards Presentation Ceremony. The first UBM Asia Scholarship was presented to 13 outstanding students by Mr. Wolfram Diener, Senior Vice President of UBM Asia, Ms. Wang Xiaoqiang, Vice Director of Guangzhou Education Bureau and Mr. Li Guorong, Vice Director of Bureau of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation of Guangzhou Municipality. UBM Asia Grant was presented to 13 underprivileged students by Mr. Meng Yuanbei, Party Secretary of Guangzhou Panyu Polytechnic, Mr. Shao Guo Liang, Director of Guangzhou Education Bureau Higher Education Office and Mr. Li Zhiwei, Director of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation Bureau of Panyu Guangzhou Municipality.
Mr. Wolfram Diener, Senior Vice President of UBM Asia said:
"UBM Asia is not only dedicated to developing trade exhibitions and promoting international trade, but also takes an active role in community services. UBM Asia cares about the development of talent in the jewellery industry. Through the collaboration with the Jewelry Institute of Guangzhou Panyu Polytechnic, we hope to provide more practical learning experience to the students, and groom them to become jewellery professionals with international mindedness, thereby contributing to the development of jewellery industry in China."
UBM Asia will arrange its management teams to give lectures at the Jewelry Institute, and invite teachers and students to its jewellery fairs. In addition, UBM Asia will launch a special incentive programme. Students winning awards in international and national jewellery competitions will be fully funded to visit the world's largest jewellery fair, the September Hong Kong Jewellery and Gem Fair organised by UBM Asia. These initiatives aim to facilitate students to know more about the jewellery industry and be better prepared for serving this global industry.
Mr. Meng Yuanbei, Party Secretary of Guangzhou Panyu Polytechnic thanked UBM Asia for their support to the institute and students:
"The growth and professional development of a school cannot be sustained without the support and help from corporations and management. We hope to enhance the sharing of teaching resources, promote our research and development, and groom jewellery talents through working closely with UBM Asia on education, talent development and employment."
Wang Xiao Qiang, Vice Director of Guangzhou Education Bureau and Li Guorong, Vice Director of Bureau of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation of Guangzhou Municipality supported this School-Enterprise collaboration. They believed it would bring positive impact to the development of vocational education, groom talents for the rapid economic development, and enhance the competitiveness of China in the world market.
Notes to Editors
1. About UBM Asia (www.ubmasia.com) Owned by UBM plc listed on the London Stock Exchange, UBM Asia operates in 19 market sectors with headquarters in Hong Kong and subsidiary companies across Asia, including UBM China in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Guangzhou and Beijing. We have over 240 products including trade fairs, conferences, trade publications, B2B/B2C portals and virtual event services. As Asia's leading exhibition organiser and the biggest commercial organiser in China, India and Malaysia, we stage the leading events of their kind across the region. Our 200 events, 24 publications and 16 vertical portals serve over 1,000,000 quality exhibitors, visitors, conference delegates, advertisers and subscribers from all over the world with high value face-to-face business-matching events, quality and instant market news and industry trends, and round-the-clock online trading networks and sourcing platforms. We have over 1,100 staff in 21 major cities across Asia, stretching from Japan to Turkey.
2. About UBM plc (www.ubm.com)
UBM plc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. Our 6,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into specialist teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For press enquiries, please contact:
Jennifer Law, Director of Corporate Marketing & Communications, UBM Asia
Elsie Hui, Corporate Marketing & Communications Executive, UBM Asia
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher