|By Marketwired .||
|November 30, 2012 02:07 AM EST||
AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS -- (Marketwire) -- 11/30/12 -- AkzoNobel has underlined its growth ambitions for the Middle East after signing an expanded joint venture agreement with the Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo group of companies.
The new deal strengthens the existing joint venture between AkzoNobel and Kanoo, which only covers the supply of the company's International Paint brand, along with coil and packaging coatings. Under the terms of the expanded agreement, AkzoNobel will offer products from across its Performance Coatings portfolio, including professional woodcare, automotive refinish, marine, yacht, fire protection, protective and powder coatings.
"We are very pleased to build on our long-standing relationship with the Kanoo family by signing this agreement," said Leif Darner, AkzoNobel's Executive Committee member responsible for Performance Coatings. "It will give us a firm foothold in the Middle East and a solid platform from which to deliver on our ambitious growth strategy in the region. We see many opportunities for our products and services to supply the construction, oil and gas and transportation sectors in the Middle East and this deal will ensure that we are better placed to serve our customers."
Mishal Kanoo, Deputy Chairman for Kanoo in the UAE and Oman, added: "Our relationship with AkzoNobel goes back over 30 years and we look forward to supporting the company in its ambition to be a leading supplier of performance coatings in both the UAE and Saudi Arabia."
AkzoNobel currently employs more than 200 people across its two main plants in the Middle East. Both sites are planning increased investments to support the enlarged business portfolio, with work on a new powder coatings facility in Dubai having already started.
AkzoNobel is the largest global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals. We supply industries and consumers worldwide with innovative products and are passionate about developing sustainable answers for our customers. Our portfolio includes well known brands such as Dulux, Sikkens, International and Eka. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we are consistently ranked as one of the leaders in the area of sustainability. With operations in more than 80 countries, our 55,000 people around the world are committed to excellence and delivering Tomorrow's Answers Today.
Not for publication - for more information
Pdf file AkzoNobel press release:
This announcement is distributed by Thomson Reuters on behalf of Thomson Reuters clients. The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Akzo Nobel NV via Thomson Reuters ONE
Corporate Media Relations
tel. +31 20 502 7833
Contact: Oskar Bosson
Corporate Investor Relations
tel. +31 20 502 7854
Contact: Jonathan Atack
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London