|By PR Newswire||
|November 30, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 30: NATIVE-OWNED BUSINESSES
Profile America — Friday, November 30th. As National American Indian Heritage Month draws to a close, attention is being focused on the increasing role American Indians and Alaska Natives play in the country's economy. Businesses owned by this group grew in a recent five-year period and now number more than 237,000. They generate nearly $34.5 billion in annual revenue. Just over half of these firms are in construction, retail trade, and wholesale trade. The largest number of firms owned by American Indians and Alaska Natives — nearly 46,000 — is in California; Oklahoma and Texas follow. You can find current data on the country's economy — on the go — by downloading the new "America's Economy" mobile application at www.census.gov/mobile.
Sources: U.S. Census Bureau, Facts for Features, CB11-FF.22
Profile America is produced by the Center for New Media and Promotions of the U.S. Census Bureau. These daily features are available as produced segments, ready to air, on a monthly CD or on the Internet at http://www.census.gov (look for "Multimedia Gallery" by the "Newsroom" button).
SOURCE U.S. Census Bureau
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London