|By Marketwire .||
|November 29, 2012 11:43 PM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 11/29/12 -- Digital First Media, which operates MediaNews Group, Journal Register Company and Digital First Ventures, today announced Journal Register Company has signed a "stalking horse" purchase agreement with 21st CMH Acquisition Co., an affiliate of funds managed by Alden Global Capital LLC.
"This agreement allows the formal commencement of the sale process and is a big step toward creating a new and viable company," said John Paton, Chief Executive Officer of Digital First Media.
The asset purchase agreement was filed in U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, which will review the contract as well as bid procedures. The Court will then initiate the sales process, including a public auction.
About Digital First Media
Digital First Media (www.DigitalFirstMedia.com) is headquartered in New York City, and jointly manages MediaNews Group and Journal Register Company. Digital First Media reaches 61.5 million Americans each month through more than 800 multi-platform products across 18 states.
About MediaNews Group, Inc.
MediaNews Group, Inc. (www.medianewsgroup.com) is the nation's second largest newspaper company as measured by circulation, with headquarters in Denver, Colorado. MediaNews Group and its affiliated companies publish 57 daily newspapers and more than 100 non-daily publications in 11 states.
About Journal Register Company
Journal Register Company is a leader in local news and information in 10 states. The Company's more than 350 multi-platform products reach an audience of 21 million people each month. For more information visit the company website at www.JournalRegister.com.
About Digital First Ventures
Digital First Ventures (DFV) is focused on helping media entrepreneurs incubate, accelerate and validate their start-up companies in the news, content, sales and audience development space. As a division of Digital First Media -- which operates more than 800 media products serving 61.5 million customers each month and annual revenues of more than $1.4 billion -- DFV is ideally suited to accelerate value creation for media start-ups.
For more information contact:
Vice President Media Relations & Employee Communications
Digital First Media
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks