|By PR Newswire||
|November 29, 2012 05:40 PM EST||
WASHINGTON, Nov. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Qorvis partner and renowned budget analyst Stan Collender said in an op-ed published by the Financial Times on November 29 that going over the fiscal cliff could be a disastrous fiscal policy for the United States and that, rather than maneuvering for partisan advantage, Congress should be rushing to take credit for preventing that from happening.
"The fiscal cliff would be the worst fiscal policy implemented in the US since the end of the Depression, when lawmakers put an austerity program in place before the economy was ready and pushed the country back into recession," Collender said.
In the piece, Collender says, "the tax increases and spending cuts that are part of the fiscal cliff should be canceled as soon as possible." He then urges Congress and the White House to reduce the deficit and stabilize the national debt "when the US economy is better able to offset the impact of less government spending and higher taxation on both households and businesses."
As Qorvis' National Director of Financial Communications, Stan Collender has extensive experience in financial and public affairs communications. He is one of only a handful of people who has served on the staffs of the House and Senate Budget Committees and is a frequent television and radio commenter on budget issues. During his more than three decades in public relations, Collender has designed and implemented award-winning communications efforts for financial companies, Wall Street firms, trade associations, nonprofit organizations, and federal agencies. Prior to joining Qorvis, Collender was director of federal budget policy for two major international accounting firms Price Waterhouse and Touche Ross, and president of the Budget Research Group, a private Washington-based consulting organization. He also writes the very popular weekly column "Fiscal Fitness" for Roll Call, the Capital Hill newspaper.
SOURCE Qorvis Communications, LLC
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks