|By PR Newswire||
|November 29, 2012 01:30 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Foresite Software Systems Inc. is pleased to announce that it will be hosting a complimentary webinar, the latest in a series of educational seminars for the manufacturing industry. As of January 2, 2013, all EU countries will be required to have formal legislation implementing the requirements of the RoHS Recast transposed into their national legislation. As a result of these new regulations, companies CE Mark obligations will expand to include RoHS.
The webinar will discuss these new regulatory requirements and the best practices for managing the associated obligations including:
- An outline and recap of the new obligations under the Recast of the EU RoHS Directive.
- A discussion and background concerning the regulatory obligations associated with the CE Mark and Global Harmonized System.
- A briefing concerning how to coordinate building a CE Mark Technical file to comply with customer requests and RoHS regulatory requirements.
- A demonstration of what a functional technical file should look like and how it should be used for compliance purposes.
The webinar will be presented by Travis Miller, Vice President of Regulatory Services and Graham Margetson, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Foresite Compliance. Travis and Graham are recognized experts in environmental regulatory compliance business processes, and have advised many of the largest blue chip companies on how to develop sound, defensible regulatory compliance processes. Those interested in registering for the free Webinar may do so by visiting www.foresitecloud.com and clicking on the Webinar Tab.
Lance Allison, CEO of Foresite, stated, "As this deadline approaches, the ability for manufacturers, distributors and retailers to identify, maintain and disclose the documentation required for technical files will be tested as customers and suppliers balance the demand for increasing transparency requirements of technical files against the need to protect product design and associated proprietary information. Consequently, the emerging requirements and requests for deconstructive analytical testing, product specifications, and material content data exchange is and will continue to escalate to support these new obligations. Foresite is the company that is best positioned to provide a complete suite of services and solutions to our customers and their affiliated suppliers throughout the world."
Foresite Systems has over a decade of experience as the environmental regulatory compliance partner to global multinationals and there affiliated supply chains. Our principal areas of expertise reside in the electronics, medical device, distribution/retail, industrial/government, supply chain management, and manufacturing sectors. We provide the most comprehensive and unique range of compliance services including:
Software: The best in class Global Environmental Management System (GEMS) has pioneered the product stewardship and global regulatory compliance space.
Data Acquisition and Provision: Foresite's Global substance DataStore (GDS) is the most technically advanced supply chain compliance documentation repository in existence.
Professional Services: Our experienced cadre of Regulatory Compliance Experts provides practical and responsive support to help your company manage the most difficult compliance challenges.
Protecting the Environment through Product Stewardship
Foresite is a technology based company with a customer service oriented culture. We work with companies that share our belief in working to protect the planet's finite resources by minimizing the impacts from product manufacture and use to humans and the environment.
To assist our customers to achieve their regulatory and environmental goals, we offer a comprehensive suite of software and services that help major international companies manage their environmental footprint. We also believe firmly in our ability to support internal change. More information about Foresite can be found on the web at www.ForesiteCloud.com. Twitter users can get updates by following @ForesiteCloud.
The Foresite Compliance Cloud logo is a trademark of Foresite Systems LTD, All Rights Reserved.
+1 (408) 377 7400
SOURCE Foresite Software Systems Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher