|By Marketwired .||
|November 29, 2012 12:33 PM EST||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/29/12 --
- Record revenues and customer momentum define most recent fiscal quarter
- Expands global team and welcomes former EMC and Greenplum executive
Frank Bien as SVP of Strategy
- Significant partner and customer traction in VMware vSphere and
Microsoft Hyper-V markets
Virsto® Software, an innovative provider of VM-centric storage hypervisor software, today announced continued momentum, increased customer and partner traction and record revenues closing its most recent fiscal quarter Oct. 31st. In addition, Virsto announced Frank Bien, formerly VP of strategic alliances for EMC's big data division, has joined the company as senior vice president of Strategy.
As trends including software defined storage drive greater innovation and fuel Virsto's momentum, the company experienced traction in both the VMware vSphere and Hyper-V markets, and greater demand for its storage hypervisor across enterprise and SMB customers. New customer wins included City of San Luis Obispo, Pite Duncan, and Qualitas Compania de Seguros.
Virsto also announced the appointment of Frank Bien as senior vice president of strategy. Formerly VP of strategic alliances for EMC's big data division and VP of alliances at Greenplum, Bien is a veteran in venture-based software startups, growing pre-revenue companies to hundreds of millions of dollars, including several successful acquisitions. He brings two decades of experience in enterprise software -- storage, virtualization, data warehousing and big data -- and in addition to Greenplum and EMC, he has held executive positions at Dell, Vignette, Intraspect and Sensage.
Company milestones last quarter included:
- Record revenues and 10x year over year growth
- New customer wins including City of San Luis Obispo, Pite Duncan and Qualitas, among others
- Signed 10 new channel partners to increase regional coverage and accelerate growth including CMT, Datalink, Entisys, Fusionstorm, Intraserve, KISCC, Prodata Tech, Synnex, Tangerine and Trace3
- Introduced Virsto for vSphere 1.5, with seamless integration with VMware vCenter and View Manager to optimize VM storage for the software defined datacenter
- Virsto named 'VMworld Innovator 2012' by Enterprise Management Associates
"Virsto is experiencing record growth and momentum, as the demand continues for flexible, high performance and cost-effective storage -- a demand very few traditional vendors can address. We are very pleased to add such an accomplished executive to our management team. Frank will ensure that our multi-hypervisor support and software-based approach continues to enjoy partner validation, and that the storage hypervisor is the preferred approach to achieving differentiated software defined storage."
Mark Davis, CEO, Virsto
Tweet This: Virsto adds SVP Strategy, closes record quarter, adds 10 new partners, continues traction in enterprise & SMB #storage http://bit.ly/X4OzY5
- Virsto Software
- Storage Hypervisor
- Virsto Blog
- Virsto on Slideshare
- Virsto on YouTube
- Virsto on Twitter
About Virsto Software
Virsto® Software delivers the industry's first VM-centric storage hypervisor, changing the economics of storage in virtualized environments. Virsto improves storage utilization by up to 90 percent, increases performance by up to 10x, and accelerates VM storage provisioning by more than 99 percent. Virsto reduces the cost and complexity of storage for VDI, test and development, tier I application virtualization, cloud computing and other virtualization initiatives. Founded in 2007, Virsto is backed by leading Silicon Valley venture firms. For more information, visit www.virsto.com.
Virsto is a registered trademark of Virsto Software. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Kulesa Faul for Virsto
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks