|By PR Newswire||
|November 29, 2012 09:34 AM EST||
RICHMOND, Va., Nov. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- AMF Bowling Centers – including its nine upscale 300 brand locations – hosted a nationwide fundraising event that raised $63,440 for the American Red Cross to help victims of Superstorm Sandy.
On November 18 from noon to 6:00pm, every AMF and 300 bowling center across the country offered a two-hour $10 per person bowling session. $5 from each session was donated to the American Red Cross in support of their relief efforts for those affected by Sandy.
"With so many of our employees, friends and customers affected by this storm, it was important to us to organize this event in support of the American Red Cross and their commitment to these communities," said Steve Satterwhite, AMF's CFO and COO. "We're grateful to all who came out on November 18 and bowled a few games to help us raise this money for a great cause."
After Superstorm Sandy hit the Northeast in late October, tens of thousands of residents were left without power and many without homes. The American Red Cross is still in need of help. Monetary donations can be made on their website.
About AMF Bowling:
AMF is the world's largest owner and operator of bowling centers. Since the introduction of the automated pinspotter in 1946, AMF has been a leader in the bowling industry. More than 20 million bowlers per year make AMF their bowling destination of choice. AMF is where America goes bowling.
At 300, it happens between the frames. Redefining the classic American pastime, each 300 center provides the sport in a fun yet upscale setting with full-service kitchen and event management capabilities. 300 has nine locations throughout the country, including: Anaheim, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Long Island, Manhattan, Pasadena, San Jose and Shady Grove. For more information on 300, visit www.threehundred.com.
SOURCE AMF Bowling
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks