|By PR Newswire||
|November 29, 2012 08:13 AM EST||
PHILADELPHIA, November 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Test preparation tools for iPad help prepare for certification and re-certification exams in Cardiology, Emergency Medicine, Sleep Medicine and Surgery
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, has released four new Medical Board Reviews Apps based on content from Elsevier's popular medical board review titles:
- Braunwald's Heart Disease Review and Assessment, 9th Edition, by Dr. Leonard S. Lilly
- Emergency Medicine Review: Preparing for the Boards, by Richard A. Harrigan
- Rush University Medical Center Review of Surgery, 5th Edition, by Dr. Jose M. Velasco
- Sleep Medicine Review: A Problem-Oriented Approach, by Dr. Meir H. Kryger
Accessed via iPad through Apple's App Store, customers can first download the free Medical Board Review app, which gives a free sample of content from each app. Customers can then purchase any of the full apps via in-app purchase.
"Studying for certification and recertification, particularly for medical board exams, is becoming increasingly mobile, and thus it is vital that we provide immediate access to this information at the user's fingertips," said Robert Sheehan, Mobile Product Director at Elsevier. "The Medical Board Reviews apps provide invaluable information in a format that is practical, convenient and comprehensive."
Core competencies can be tested to remedy weak areas through definitive explanations for questions that are not answered correctly. The new mobile-optimized features include:
- Interactive Q&A that tracks correct and incorrect answers
- Mobile optimized navigation
- Note taking and highlighting
For more information, visit the iTunes store, http://itunes.apple.com/app/medical-board-reviews/id561681397?mt=8
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services. The company works in partnership with the global science and health communities to publish more than 2,000 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and close to 20,000 book titles, including major reference works from Mosby and Saunders. Elsevier's online solutions include ScienceDirect, Scopus, Reaxys, ClinicalKey and Mosby's Nursing Suite, which enhance the productivity of science and health professionals, and the SciVal suite and MEDai's Pinpoint Review, which help research and health care institutions deliver better outcomes more cost-effectively.
A global business headquartered in Amsterdam, Elsevier employs 7,000 people worldwide. The company is part of Reed Elsevier Group PLC, a world-leading publisher and information provider, which is jointly owned by Reed Elsevier PLC and Reed Elsevier NV. The ticker symbols are REN (Euronext Amsterdam), REL (London Stock Exchange), RUK and ENL (New York Stock Exchange).
Director, Corporate Relations
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks