|By Marketwired .||
|November 29, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
MCLEAN, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/29/12 -- After thorough analysis of federal procurement data ranging from 2009 to 2011, GovWin Consulting, the management consulting division of Deltek, identified NetApp as the top vendor serving the federal government's information storage needs. The study revealed that NetApp held a 41.2% market share in FY 2011. Overall, the top five vendors represent 86% of the federal market, with NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) leading its competitors by more than 12%.
"NetApp has been committed to its customers in the federal market for 20 years," said Mark Weber, president of NetApp's U.S. Public Sector unit. "Both defense and civilian agencies are seeing a substantial increase in the volume of storage they need. When you add big data, cloud computing, mobility, and virtualization into the networking mix, the demand for capacity is only going to continue to grow. We have strong relationships with all of our federal customers, rooted in NetApp's game-changing and innovative products and services that will enable them to unleash the power of their data."
GovWin Consulting determined that the total estimated federal storage market was $1.01B in FY 2011, which excludes intelligence agencies and other agencies such as the United States Postal Service and the Department of Energy labs that do not report spending data. The study found that the compound annual growth rate from FY 2009 to FY 2011 for NetApp was 33.6%, with its nearest competitor, EMC, at 19%.
"The federal data storage market presents some unique challenges given the various mandates, regulations, and demands on federal agencies," said Pierre Bernasconi of GovWin Consulting. "Although IT spending may decrease with the current budgetary issues facing the government, the cloud computing mandate, and FDCCI, the exponential increase in big data and full-motion video on government networks and new IT-based health services and medical should continue to expand the opportunities in the federal data storage market."
GovWin Consulting also revealed that the defense department, which includes the armed services and DoD agencies, is the largest buyer of data storage. Among the top five storage-buying departments, Health and Human Services is the only civilian agency. Within the DoD, the Army is the top storage buyer, which is among the agencies for which NetApp has the leading market share. This comprehensive data underscores NetApp's commitment to its government customers and its ability to provide market-leading technologies to solve today's major IT challenges.
- View GovWin Consulting's storage market appraisal: http://media.netapp.com/documents/storage-market-appraisal-govwin.pdf
- Read more about GovWin Consulting's study: http://govwin.com/bernaspi_blog/big-data-cloud-and-video/713070/
- Read NetApp's Government Gurus blog: https://communities.netapp.com/community/netapp-blogs/government-gurus
- Learn about NetApp® solutions for the Federal Government: http://www.netapp.com/us/solutions/industry/government/
- Follow NetApp on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NetAppGov
- Join NetApp on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NetAppGov
- View NetApp videos on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXRliDVyJ9AbFPo4Jcd_H5A
- Connect with NetApp on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=111681
- Discuss this news in the NetApp Community, where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics with community members. Join now at www.netapp.com/us/communities
GovWin from Deltek is the essential source for information, teaming, and software solutions to help organizations find, manage, and win government business. More than 2,800 companies, including small businesses, new entrants to the public sector, and the largest government contractors, rely on GovWin for the latest and most comprehensive information solutions, including market intelligence, consulting, sales management tools, teaming solutions, and educational and networking events.
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
Bluetext, LLC (on behalf of NetApp)
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks