|By Marketwired .||
|November 29, 2012 06:30 AM EST||
NEWARK, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/29/12 -- Socket Mobile, Inc. (OTCQX: SCKT), an innovative provider of mobile productivity solutions, today announced iPhone 5 support for the Socket Bluetooth® Cordless Hand Scanner (CHS) line of portable barcode scanners.
The CHS is a pocket-sized barcode scanner that enables ultrafast, untethered data collection in applications such as retail point of sale, asset tracking, inventory management and field service. Socket Mobile has updated the SocketScan 10 Software Development Kit (SDK) to take full advantage of the new A6 processor and taller screen of the iPhone 5. The ScannerSettings and SocketPad utilities for the CHS have also been updated on the Apple App Store with iPhone 5 and iPad mini support.
"Roughly 75% of the developers who use our SDK are embedding support for CHS barcode scanners into their iOS applications," said Len Ott, Chief Technical Officer of Socket Mobile. "Socket Mobile was one of the first manufacturers to offer Apple certified barcode scanners for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, and we remain dedicated to supporting Apple's latest devices. Additionally, the Socket Mobile Developer Program continues to exhibit strong growth in the Apple market, with 40 business applications posted on the Apple App Store and many proprietary applications distributed to enterprise end users."
The CHS is available from Socket Mobile's online store and distribution partners. Registered developers can download the SDK from the Socket Mobile Developer Portal. The ScannerSettings and SocketPad utilities are available free on the Apple App Store.
About Socket Mobile
With 20 years of experience in the Automatic Identification and Data Capture (AIDC) market, Socket makes mobile computing and productivity work. The company offers a family of handheld computers and an extensive portfolio of AIDC peripherals specifically designed to increase productivity and drive operational efficiencies in healthcare, hospitality and other business mobility deployments. The company also offers OEM solutions for the mobile device market. Socket is headquartered in Newark, Calif. and can be reached at +1-510-933-3000 or www.socketmobile.com. Follow Socket Mobile on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter @socketmobile and subscribe to sockettalk.socketmobile.com, the company's official blog.
© 2012, Socket Mobile, Inc. All rights reserved.
Socket and Socket Bluetooth Cordless Hand Scanner are registered trademarks or trademarks of Socket Mobile, Inc. Apple, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and App Store are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks and trade names contained herein may be those of their respective owners.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London