|By PR Newswire||
|November 29, 2012 05:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Practice Fusion, the nation's largest doctor-patient community, and Meridian Health, a leading not-for-profit healthcare organization in New Jersey, have partnered to offer Practice Fusion's free Electronic Medical Record (EMR) to over 2,000 physicians in Meridian's network.
Meridian Health provides quality, patient-centered healthcare services to improve the health and well-being of New Jersey residents. By partnering with Practice Fusion, Meridian Health will ensure that all physicians in their network can go paperless in their practices and qualify for Meaningful Use incentive dollars.
"We are committed to helping our physicians deliver the highest quality of care," said Rebecca Weber, Senior Vice President of Information Technology at Meridian Health. "Going digital can be overwhelming to a practice. Practice Fusion makes it is easy for physicians to get started immediately and qualify for Meaningful Use incentives."
- Practice Fusion will provide unlimited support and training to all Meridian practices that start using the free EMR
- For the second year in a row, Meridian Health was ranked as one of the most Integrated Healthcare Systems in the nation by Modern Healthcare Magazine, the only system to make the list from New Jersey
- New Jersey is one of the top five states for successful Meaningful Use attestations using Practice Fusion
- Meridian Health also has partnerships with Allscripts and eClinicalWorks to provide their EMR at a discount to their physicians
- Practice Fusion will also connect with Meridian Health's laboratories to make the EMR transition even easier
"Like us, Meridian Health is focused on finding innovative solutions for their physicians," said Todd Martin, Senior Vice President of Business Development at Practice Fusion. "Partnering with Practice Fusion gives these physicians access to an EMR with no barriers to entry, and supports our goal of bringing a free EMR solution to providers in local health systems of every state."
To learn more about Practice Fusion or this partnership, please visit http://www.practicefusion.com/pages/partner-contact-us.html
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based EMR system to physicians. With medical charting, scheduling, e-prescribing (eRx), lab integrations, referral letters, Meaningful Use certification, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion's EMR software addresses the complex needs of today's healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing electronic medical record community in the country with more than 150,000 users serving 50 million patients. The company closed a $34 million Series C financing led by Artis Ventures in June. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit www.practicefusion.com
About Meridian Health
Meridian Health (www.meridianhealth.com) is a leading not-for-profit healthcare organization in New Jersey, comprising Jersey Shore University Medical Center and K. Hovnanian Children's Hospital in Neptune, Ocean Medical Center in Brick, Riverview Medical Center in Red Bank, Southern Ocean Medical Center in Manahawkin, Bayshore Community Hospital in Holmdel, and Meridian Partner Companies that include home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, ambulatory care, ambulance services, and outpatient centers. Meridian Health has consistently been rated among the top performing health systems in New Jersey for clinical quality, is one of the FORTUNE "100 Best Companies to Work For", and is the recipient of numerous state and national recognitions for patient care and nursing excellence, including the distinction of being the first health system in the country to receive Magnet designation for nursing.
Location: San Francisco
Location: Neptune, New Jersey
SOURCE Practice Fusion
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher