|By PR Newswire||
|November 29, 2012 02:30 AM EST||
-- Bio-compatible equivalents of petrochemicals, they help reduce carbon footprint and are safer
LONDON, Nov. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Registration, Evaluation, and Authorisation of Chemicals (REACH) regulations are playing a major role in driving the European oleochemicals market which has otherwise attained maturity. These regulations are encouraging customers to consider using sustainable and eco-friendly oleochemicals. Oleochemicals are bio-compatible equivalents of petrochemicals.
New analysis from Frost & Sullivan (http://chemicals.frost.com), Analysis of the European Oleochemicals Market, finds that the market earned revenues of $3.9 billion in 2011 that is projected to top $4.5 billion by 2018, corresponding to a CAGR of 1.9 percent (2011-2018).
"The need to replace petrochemical derivatives with natural alternatives is expected to keep growth rates positive throughout the forecast period," noted Frost & Sullivan Chemicals & Materials Senior Research Analyst Nandhini Rajagopal.
"Oleochemicals and their derivatives have gained significance because of their functional efficiency, performance, sustainability and biodegradability," commented Shomik Majumdar, Vice President, Chemicals.
Oleochemicals are helping customer product manufacturers adhere to REACH regulations and reduce their carbon footprint. In addition, these naturally sourced chemicals ensure a higher degree of product safety.
As a result, they are being increasingly preferred over petrochemicals for use in products like cosmetics and detergents. Their multiple benefits are also underlining their appeal to an expanding application base ranging from plastics and personal care to soaps and detergents, food, pharmaceuticals, coatings and rubber.
Overcapacity and fluctuating prices of common raw materials (like tallow, soybean oil, palm and palm kernel oil, coconut oil, and rapeseed oil), used in the manufacture of oleochemicals, are the two major challenges constraining market growth.
"Backward integration with plantation or agri-business groups and vertical integration in the value chain across customer product manufacturing companies will help to synergise oleochemical manufacturer's strengths, enabling them to overcome price fluctuations and remain stable," said Rajagopal. "Such alliances have been successful for the largest companies in the market, like Emery Oleochemicals group, and could be replicated by other participants."
If you are interested in more information on this study, please send an e-mail with your contact details to Chiara Carella, Corporate Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Analysis of the European Oleochemicals Market is part of the Chemicals & Materials Growth Partnership Service programme, which also includes research in the following markets: North American Oleochemicals Market, Southeast Asian Oleochemicals Market, APAC Green Surfactants Market and, Analysis of the Natural Fatty Alcohol Market. All research included in subscriptions provide detailed market opportunities and industry trends that have been evaluated following extensive interviews with market participants.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organisation prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Analysis of the European Oleochemicals Market
Corporate Communications – Europe
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher