|By PR Newswire||
|November 29, 2012 02:08 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Nov. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Orthodox Jews from the organization Neturei Karta International will gather at the United Nations Plaza at 1st Avenue and 43rd St. today, November 29, 2012 between 2:00 and 3:30 to show their support for the current resolution, to be put to a vote today in the General Assembly, to recognize Palestinian statehood.
"As Orthodox Jews, we welcome the restoration of Palestine to its rightful owners, the Palestinian people," said Rabbi Dovid Feldman, a spokesman for the group. "Although the proposed state would only be in part of historic Palestine, we see this as a good start toward the liberation of all of Palestine."
Rabbi Feldman continued, "A Palestinian state would be a benefit to its Arab citizens and its Jewish citizens, as well as to the Palestinian refugees. Jews and Palestinians would be able to coexist once again in harmony, as they did in the Holy Land before the rise of the Zionist movement.
"It is because we are faithful Jews that we oppose the State of Israel. In ancient times the Jewish people lived in the Holy Land, but the Torah teaches that the Almighty sent us into exile, and we are forbidden to emerge from exile on our own. The Torah permits Jews to live in the Holy Land nowadays, but only under a non-Jewish government.
"Sixty-five years ago on this day, the General Assembly of the United Nations voted that there should be a Jewish state and a Palestinian state side by side. The Zionists went on, in violation of Jewish law, to create a Jewish state, but the Palestinians never received their end of the deal. On this day, we pray that the Palestinians should finally succeed in achieving freedom for the good of all upright people in the Middle East.
"Ultimately, we pray for the final redemption of the world, when all humanity will recognize the kingdom of the Almighty and join together to serve Him in peace and unity."
SOURCE Neturei Karta International
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher