|By Marketwired .||
|November 28, 2012 11:09 PM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 11/29/12 -- Product photos are available at http://bit.ly/TuWBq3
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and M&M Meat Shops Ltd. are warning people with allergies to mustard and gluten not to consume M&M Meat Shops brand Marinated Barbecue Chicken Kabob, described below. The affected product contains mustard and gluten which are not declared on the label.
All codes of the affected product, M&M Meat Shops brand Marinated Barbecue Chicken Kabob, are sold in 142 g (5 oz) packages. This product has been distributed nationally only through M&M Meat Shops retail stores.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product.
Consumption of this product may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with allergies to mustard and gluten.
The retailer, M&M Meat Shops Ltd., Kitchener, Ontario, is voluntarily recalling the affected product from the marketplace. The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
For more information, consumers and industry can call one of the following numbers:
M&M Meat Shops Public Relations - Strategic Objectives 647-274-8868;
CFIA at 1 800 442-2342 / TTY 1 800 465-7735 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday to Friday).
For information on common food allergens, visit the Food Allergens web page at: http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/fssa/labeti/allerg/allerge.shtml.
For information on all food recalls, visit the CFIA's Food Recall Report at: http://active.inspection.gc.ca/eng/corp/recarapp_dbe.asp.
To find out more about receiving recalls by e-mail, and other food safety facts, visit: www.foodsafety.gc.ca. Food and consumer product recalls are also available at http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca.
CFIA Media Relations
M&M Meat Shops Public Relations
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher