|By Marketwired .||
|November 28, 2012 10:27 PM EST||
MONTREAL, QUEBEC -- (Marketwire) -- 11/29/12 --
Editors Note: There is a photo associated with this press release.
NASCAR has just announced that Montreal driver Ray Courtemanche Jr. has won the 'Most Popular Driver' contest for 2012 in the NASCAR Canadian Tide Series (NCaTS).
Ray Jr. Organised "Electronic Music Festival" across Quebec during the 2000s, and amassed a solid experience in direct consumer marketing as a result. As he admits; "That direct marketing experience came in very handy when planning and executing my contest activities."
The Laurentide-Lanaudiere section of Leucan (A support group for families of children with leukaemia or cancer) was a key partner of Ray Jr. and the Construction Danam Bonzai Racing Team, and played a key role in the campaign's success. For this contest, we gave Leucan 25 cents for each vote we garnered. Ray Jr. has been working with such organisations for several years. "We have been linking our racing with the fund-raising activities of such groups almost from our start in NASCAR. For example, we turned over all our NASCAR winnings to the Children's Wish Foundation in 2011 and to the Charles-Bruneau Cancer Centre in 2012.
Fans and the public played an essential role in these activities. As Ray Jr. added, "The team and myself wish to thank everyone who participated in this winning effort. Collectively, we won our own 2012 Gold Medal. The team and I certainly plan to continue to help create Win-Win partnerships in the coming years."
To view the photo associated with this press release, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20121128-BonzaiRacing_800.jpg.
For additional information or photos:
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks