|By Marketwired .||
|November 28, 2012 09:00 PM EST||
TOKYO -- (Marketwire) -- 11/28/12 -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that Japan's NTT Communications has deployed the Juniper Networks® T1600 Core Router to power its next-generation video transmission system. As video consumption keeps growing and available offerings become richer in content, quality and resolution, the industry-leading MPLS multicasting capability of the T1600 helps NTT Communications achieve a reliable, high-capacity delivery of high-definition video for customer applications.
NTT Communications, a subsidiary of NTT Corporation -- one of the world's largest telecommunications companies -- provides network management, security and network services to consumers, corporations and governments.
With high-capacity video applications, NTT Communications was looking to maximize its revenue potential by increasing the capacity, flexibility and efficiency of its network core. The Juniper Networks T1600 Core Router achieves that and more, granting NTT Communications the capacity and flexibility to deploy new services quickly and effectively.
- With 1.6 terabits per second (Tbps) throughput and the ability to forward up to 1.92 billion packets per second, the T1600 is a leader in 10 and 100 gigabit per second Ethernet deployments.
- The half-rack design of the T1600 combines a small footprint with the industry's best power efficiency
- Switch forwarding capacity is also substantially improved, enabling NTT Communications to increase bandwidth flexibly in line with growing video forwarding capacity.
"Juniper Networks' core routers are ideal for constructing high-capacity, reliable video networks. To achieve the high-quality of services that our customers demand, we have worked hard to develop new technologies that enable the forwarding of multicast streams to change dynamically and across a wide bandwidth without packet loss. This has been achieved through our discussions with Juniper Networks' developers and engineers in the U.S. and Japan. We look forward to continuing our collaboration with the Juniper team to support our organization's evolving needs."
-Osamu Nakazawa, director, Innovative IP Architecture Center, NTT Communications
"High capacity, high-performance, low power and investment protection are key decision criteria when building core networks. The T Series' scale and density allows service providers like NTT Communications to seamlessly increase network capacity when demand for video, mobile and cloud services grow. This latest deployment builds on Juniper Networks' long and highly successful relationship with NTT Communications that has seen the development of one of the world's most advanced carrier networks."
-Mike Marcellin, senior vice president, strategy and marketing, Platform and Systems Division, Juniper Networks
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?