|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 07:05 PM EST||
-- Announces New Meeting Date and Location -- Creditors Meeting to be held on Friday, November 30, 2012
TORONTO, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Sino-Forest Corporation ("Sino-Forest" or the "Company") today announced that, in connection with its previously announced creditor protection proceedings under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act (Canada) (the "CCAA"), it has made certain amendments to the Plan of Compromise and Reorganization dated October 19, 2012 (as amended, the "Amended Plan") which was previously filed with the Ontario Superior Court of Justice (the "Court"). The amendments were made in accordance with the terms of the Amended Plan and the Plan Filing and Meeting Order of the Court dated August 31, 2012 and with the consent of the ad hoc committee of the Company's noteholders. A copy of the Amended Plan is available on the Monitor's website at http://cfcanada.fticonsulting.com/sfc.
In order to allow creditors an opportunity to review the Amended Plan, the time for the meeting of creditors to consider the Amended Plan has been extended in accordance with the terms of the Plan Filing and Meeting Order made by the Court on August 31, 2012 and will now be held at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, November 30, 2012. The location of the meeting has been moved to the offices of Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP, counsel to the Court-appointed Monitor in the CCAA proceedings, at 1 First Canadian Place, 100 King Street West, 16th Floor, Toronto, Ontario.
Creditors of Sino-Forest should periodically check the Monitor's website at http://cfcanada.fticonsulting.com/sfc for additional reports of the Monitor and any updates or amendments to the Amended Plan that may arise prior to the meeting of creditors.
SOURCE Sino-Forest Corporation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher