|By Dana Gardner||
|December 3, 2012 06:00 AM EST||
HP this week announced a new version of its HP Business Service Management (BSM) software to endow IT organizations with big data analysis capabilities across mobile, hybrid, and cloud IT environments.The goal: To significantly improve the performance and availability of software services.
As organizations have adopted virtualization and cloud technologies, the complexity to effectively monitor trouble across these systems has skyrocketed. And, with the rise of shared services, IT no longer knows or controls all the technologies supporting their businesses.
So HP has broadened its BSM solutions to deliver better end-to-end visibility into IT applications and services by exploiting powerful, real-time and historical analytics. With enhanced BSM, IT can anticipate performance and trouble issues before they happen. [Disclosure: HP is a sponsor of BriefingsDirect podcasts.]
“IT organizations are looking for new ways to deliver predictable service levels," said Ajei Gopal, senior vice president and general manager, Hybrid and Cloud Products, Software at HP. “The new HP Business Service Management software delivers end-to-end operational intelligence to help IT make better decisions and improve service levels in complex, dynamic IT environments.”
New to HP BSM is HP Operational Analytics (OpsAnalytics), a capability that delivers ongoing intelligence about the health of IT services by automating the correlation and analysis of consolidated data, including reams of machine data, logs, events, topology, and performance information.
OpsAnalytics is enabled through the integration of HP ArcSight Logger, a universal log management solution, with correlation capabilities of HP Operations Manager i (OMi), and the predictive analytics of HP Service Health Analyzer (SHA). This combination delivers deep visibility and insight into nearly any performance or availability issue, so, says HP, IT operators can:
- Remediate known problems before they occur with predictive analytics that forecast problems and prioritize issues based on business impact
- Proactively solve unknown issues by collecting, storing, and analyzing IT operational data to automatically correlate service abnormalities with the problem source
- Resolve incidents faster with knowledge based on historical analysis of prior similar events that contains search capabilities across logs and events.
HP BSM further helps clients maximize IT investments with end-to-end visibility across heterogeneous environments, enabling clients to:
- Ensure service availability with a 360-degree view of IT performance, gathered by aggregating data from disparate sources into a single dashboard using out-of-the-box connectors to a range of management frameworks, including IBM Tivoli Enterprise Console and IBM Tivoli Monitoring and Microsoft System Center
- Resolve and improve performance of applications running in OpenStack and Python cloud environments with diagnostics that pinpoint performance bottlenecks
- Improve availability of web and mobile applications through greater insight into client side performance issues.
HP also enables virtualization administrators to diagnose and troubleshoot performance bottlenecks in highly virtualized environments with HP Virtualization Performance Viewer (vPV), which helps reduce operational resources by up to 70 percent and decrease time to problem resolution by up to 50 percent, and is available as a free download, said HP.
You may also be interested in:
- Right-sizing security and information assurance, a core-versus-context journey at Lake Health
- HP Discover Performance Podcast: McKesson Redirects IT to Become a Services Provider That Delivers Fuller Business Solutions
- Investing Well in IT With Emphasis on KPIs Separates Business Leaders from Business Laggards, Survey Results Show
- Expert Chat with HP on How Better Understanding Security Makes it an Enabler, Rather than Inhibitor, of Cloud Adoption
- Expert Chat with HP on How IT Can Enable Cloud While Maintaining Control and Governance
- Expert Chat on How HP Ecosystem Provides Holistic Support for VMware Virtualized IT Environments
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks