|By Marketwired .||
|November 28, 2012 05:45 PM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 11/28/12 -- The Honourable Lisa Raitt, Canada's Labour Minister, today announced the reappointment of Mr. Andre Lecavalier to the Canada Industrial Relations Board as a full-time member serving as an employer representative. His mandate, which lasts three years, is effective November 28, 2012.
"I am thrilled that Mr. Lecavalier has accepted the renewal of his mandate on the Canada Industrial Relations Board because he possesses the vast experience in labour relations needed for this position," said Minister Raitt. "His education and skills are assets that will continue to benefit the Board."
Mr. Lecavalier has been a full-time member of the Board, serving as an employer representative, since 2006. From 1990 to 2003, he was Vice-President, Human Resources, at Clarke Inc. in Toronto. During this period, he also negotiated and administered several collective agreements across the country.
The Canada Industrial Relations Board is an independent, representational, quasi-judicial tribunal responsible for the interpretation and administration of Part I (Industrial Relations) and certain provisions of Part II (Occupational Health and Safety) of the Canada Labour Code. The Board's expertise and composition allow it to deal effectively with the complexities of labour relations issues, to determine the underlying causes of disputes and to facilitate agreement among the parties.
For more information about the Board, visit www.cirb-ccri.gc.ca.
This news release is available in alternative formats upon request.
Office of Minister Raitt
Media Relations Office
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks