|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 05:37 PM EST||
ATLANTA, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a lease-to-own retailer specializing in the sales and lease ownership of residential furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, is donating $150,000 to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund to aid the millions of Americans affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Aaron's associates and franchisees raised $50,000 through a companywide fundraiser implemented at the store level, while Aaron's Foundation, Inc. supported the cause with an additional donation of $100,000.
"The recent events involving Hurricane Sandy have been devastating to many communities where Aaron's associates and customers live and work, and there continues to be a desperate need to restore normalcy back to these areas," said Ronald W. Allen, Aaron's Chairman, President and CEO. "We commend everyone at our stores across the country for their generosity in giving back to their fellow associates in need, and it was only natural that the Aaron's Foundation follow with an additional donation to further maximize our impact. We're so pleased to present this donation to the American Red Cross and hope the funds are able to significantly aid the effort to rebuild the lives of those affected."
About Aaron's, Inc.
Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 2,009 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada. Founded in 1955 by entrepreneur and Chairman Emeritus R. Charles Loudermilk, Sr. and headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's has been publicly traded since 1982. For more information, visit www.aarons.com.
SOURCE Aaron's, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher