|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 05:32 PM EST||
TYSONS CORNER, Va., Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of business intelligence (BI) software, today announced that it has certified its integration with the Amazon Redshift data warehouse service. Launched by Amazon Web Services (AWS) today, Amazon Redshift is a cloud-based analytical data warehouse service designed to deliver high performance analytics for data warehouse and Big Data applications. MicroStrategy will be demonstrating the integration inside the AWS booth at AWS's re: Invent conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. The demonstration will showcase direct cloud-to-cloud integration between Amazon Redshift and MicroStrategy Cloud, MicroStrategy's own cloud-based business analytics platform-as-a-service.
"Amazon Redshift brings the scalability and cost-effectiveness of the AWS Cloud to the analytical database market and it complements Amazon Elastic MapReduce, expanding AWS' presence in the high-growth Big Data space," said Sanju Bansal, Vice Chairman of the Board and Executive Vice President, MicroStrategy Incorporated. "We're honored to have been selected to work with the AWS team to certify Amazon Redshift, and we're excited to demonstrate the power of this integration together with AWS at their re: Invent conference."
"Data volumes continue to explode, driving the need for analytical insight. In response, organizations are demanding more flexible, cost-effective approaches to harness these Big Data resources," said Sundar Raghavan, GM of Relational Database Services at Amazon Web Services. "Amazon Redshift is a fast, cost-effective data warehouse service designed to provide customers high performance for their big data analytics needs and it's a pleasure to work with MicroStrategy, a leader in Big Data analytics."
Innovation in Big Data Analytics
As one of the first vendors to certify integration with Amazon Redshift, MicroStrategy continues to demonstrate leadership and innovation in both major dimensions of Big Data analytics:
- Hadoop. MicroStrategy has delivered pioneering technology to enhance both the usability and performance of Hadoop in business intelligence applications. MicroStrategy's integration with Hadoop enables customers using Hadoop software or services like Cloudera or Amazon Elastic MapReduce to interact with a point-and-click interface to query data, without the need to develop HiveQL scripts or MapReduce jobs. As a result, a broad range of users, including business analysts and non-technical users, can quickly and easily extract and deliver actionable insights from massive amounts of structured and unstructured data stored in Hadoop. To maximize overall performance and throughput, MicroStrategy has developed Very Large Database Drivers (VLDB) specifically for Hadoop that generate optimized queries. In addition, MicroStrategy offers support for the latest technologies that accelerate the analytical performance of Hadoop, such as Cloudera's Impala project.
- Large-scale data warehousing. MicroStrategy is widely recognized as the performance-leading business analytics vendor for large-scale data warehousing applications and federated Big Data access. MicroStrategy's ROLAP (Relational Online Analytical Processing) architecture generates highly optimized SQL to maximize the performance and scalability of all major data sources. MicroStrategy's SQL generation engine builds on a fifteen year heritage of database-specific optimizations and incorporates a variety of performance-enhancing innovations like multi-pass SQL, dynamic aggregate-aware data sourcing, drill-through capability, and multi-source push down architecture. MicroStrategy's multi-level caching and in-memory cube architecture further accelerates query performance and reduces latency. Through its MicroStrategy Cloud service, MicroStrategy also offers cloud-based, highly optimized high performance data warehouse services, scalable to hundreds of terabytes of relational data.
Analyzing the Largest Customer Data Volumes
For five consecutive years, an independent report has found that MicroStrategy customers analyze the largest data volumes compared to customers of all other BI vendors. The BI Survey 12, the largest independent survey of the business intelligence market, published by BARC Group, found that 39% of MicroStrategy customers analyze over one terabyte of data, compared to an average of 12% of BI customers in general.
Demonstration at re: Invent
A demonstration of the integration between Amazon Redshift and MicroStrategy will be shown in the AWS booth at the AWS re: Invent conference in Las Vegas, November 27–29. The demonstration will feature an operations database running on Amazon Redshift and will showcase industry-specific MicroStrategy dashboards and reports. The demonstration will highlight the performance of a cloud-to-cloud connection between the Amazon Redshift database, running on the AWS Cloud, and MicroStrategy business analytics application, running on MicroStrategy Cloud. The demonstration leverages MicroStrategy's Direct Connect technology, which enables cloud-based BI users to connect and analyze compatible databases wherever they are located, without compromising performance.
About MicroStrategy Incorporated
Founded in 1989, MicroStrategy is a leading provider of enterprise software platforms for business intelligence (BI), mobile intelligence, and social intelligence applications. MicroStrategy's BI platform enables leading organizations worldwide to analyze the vast amounts of data stored across their enterprises to make better business decisions. Companies choose MicroStrategy BI for its ease-of-use, sophisticated analytics, and superior data and user scalability. MicroStrategy's mobile intelligence platform helps companies and organizations build, deploy, and maintain mobile apps across a range of solutions by embedding intelligence, transactions, and multimedia into apps. MicroStrategy's social intelligence platform includes a number of applications that help enterprises harness the power of social networks for marketing and e-commerce, as well as a suite of free consumer friendly apps that use MicroStrategy's enterprise technologies. The MicroStrategy Cloud offering combines MicroStrategy and third-party software, hardware, and services to enable rapid, cost-effective development of hosted BI, mobile, and social applications. To learn more about MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR), visit www.microstrategy.com and follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/microstrategy) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/microstrategy).
MicroStrategy, MicroStrategy Business Intelligence Platform, MicroStrategy Cloud, and MicroStrategy Mobile are either trademarks or registered trademarks of MicroStrategy Incorporated in the United States and certain other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE MicroStrategy Incorporated
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher