|By Marketwire .||
|November 28, 2012 04:47 PM EST||
SAN JOSE, CA and HILLSBORO, OR -- (Marketwire) -- 11/28/12 -- Rosendin Electric (www.rosendin.com), the nation's largest private electrical contractor and a 100% employee-owned company, has received a 2012 National Design-Build Award in the Civic category from the Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) in recognition of support given to Hoffman Construction for the electrical design and construction of the new Camp Withycombe Armed Forces Reserve Center in Clackamas County, Oregon. In previous years, Rosendin Electric has been recognized for work on the Mineta San Jose International Airport, the Nogales International Wastewater Treatment Plant, and the Alameda County Juvenile Justice Center, amongst other high-profile projects.
To be considered for a National Design-Build Award, a project must demonstrate the successful application of design-build best practices as defined by the DBIA Design-Build Manual of Practice. Best practices include bringing together key team members during the proposal process, as well as close coordination between design and construction team members from the design development stage through field construction and project completion.
The $72 million, LEED® Gold project was a new 250,000 square-foot Armed Forces Reserve Center, including 35,000 square-feet of vehicle storage and maintenance space, designed to support more than 1,300 soldiers in the Oregon National Guard and U.S. Army Reserve. The project included office suites, an assembly hall, conference and training rooms, a 400-seat auditorium, and electronic and static displays of military artifacts and campaign history to honor the soldiers of the 41st Infantry.
"This year's award for our work at Camp Withycombe is an honor and a testament to our design-build excellence which extends to all of our regional operations and projects," said Brian Ruffner, Business Development Manager for Rosendin Electric's Oregon office in Hillsboro.
About Rosendin Electric
Rosendin Electric, Inc., headquartered in San Jose, California, is a 100% employee-owned electrical engineering, power and communications provider and is the largest privately held electrical contractor in the United States. With over 2,500 employees and experience nationwide, Rosendin Electric has built upon a 90-year reputation for quality design and installations. For additional information, visit www.rosendin.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks