|By Marketwire .||
|November 28, 2012 03:45 PM EST|
HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/28/12 -- The Federal Electoral Boundaries Commission for Nova Scotia has submitted its report redrawing the province's federal electoral map to the Chief Electoral Officer of Canada. The report was tabled in the House of Commons today.
Following the completion of the public hearing process that took place across the province, as well as receipt of written submissions, the commission's report determined that three ridings will retain their present boundaries: West Nova, Kings-Hants and Sydney-Victoria. The remaining electoral districts' boundaries have been revised.
"The citizens of Nova Scotia were primarily focused on their communities of interest and how to balance them with relative parity of voting power. The commission could not incorporate the views expressed in all of the submissions; however, all representations were seriously considered and were helpful in redrawing the electoral map for Nova Scotia," said the Honourable Justice Allan P. Boudreau, chair of the three-member commission.
To consult the report, visit www.federal-redistribution.ca.
Federal Electoral Boundaries Commission for Nova Scotia
1-855-726-4108 (toll-free) (FAX)
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks