|By Marketwired .||
|November 28, 2012 03:34 PM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 11/28/12 -- It's the most wonderful time of the year, not to mention the nation's most popular entertaining season. During this time, we welcome an endless flow of family and friends into our homes to make new memories and celebrate. This season, two of BRAVO's most popular "Million Dollar Decorators" are offering expert tips on how to put a contemporary twist on traditional holiday décor to help you celebrate in style without breaking the bank. "Holiday decorations don't have to be boring and drab," says Lawrence-Bullard. "Follow these easy tips for holiday decorating to add an unexpected and stylish twist to any space."
On Trend - Haute Harvest
Fashion is a big statement in design right now, and we love to add chic, "in vogue" pieces to traditional holiday settings. "Brass bowls from our Martyn and Mary Collection for One Kings Lane absolutely make the table -- they add a fashionable edge to an otherwise dull setting," said McDonald. We recommend using accents that are readily available like seasonal fruit and leaves paired with metallic gold bowls and baskets to add touches of glamour and drama.
Holiday - Bold and Bright
For holiday tables, we're all about adding unexpected patterns and bright colors. We love non-traditional prints such as chevron and suzani mixed together with things you already have around the house. "The holidays are such a great time to bring out family heirlooms and pairing these items with something new and bold, like colored glasses or a patterned tablecloth, adds some extra pizzazz to the table," said Lawrence-Bullard.
New Year's - Exotic Escape
"Our Martyn and Mary Collection was inspired by a trip we took together to India, and it showcases how we love to be exotic and eclectic with our holiday décor," said McDonald. We recommend using a few fun pieces that are inspired by a faraway location such as India, to add bursts of vibrant tones and bright colors.
For more information on the Martyn and Mary Collection for One Kings Lane and their tips for fresh holiday decorating, visit www.onekingslane.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2164532
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2164579
LaForce + Stevens
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks