|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 02:09 PM EST||
HONOLULU, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Calling all runners for the first-ever Honolulu Rainbow Ekiden relay race, taking place in beautiful Waikiki on Sunday, March 3, 2013!
Participants will join runners from Hawaii, the U.S. mainland, Japan, and other Pacific Rim countries attending the 19th Annual Honolulu Festival.
Ekiden has been a traditional Japanese marathon style relay race for more than 90 years that is gaining popularity worldwide. The Honolulu Rainbow Ekiden seeks to unite all participants under the banner, "The Rainbow of the Pacific, Joining with Aloha" as they race along Waikiki Beach.
The Honolulu Rainbow Ekiden relay race starts at noon featuring teams of three to five runners, ages 12 and up. The 5K laps begin at Fort DeRussy and race down Kalakaua Avenue, with the iconic scenery of Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head as the backdrop. The race goes to Sans Souci Beach before heading back to Fort DeRussy where each team's final runner races an additional kilometer down Kalakaua Avenue, finishing at the Moana Surfrider.
The top three teams will be recognized at the post-race Awards Ceremony, with award categories also for seniors, women, juniors, and best performance.
Entry fee for teams entered by November 30, 2012 is $250 per team. Entries received by January 31, 2013 are $450 per team. Each runner will receive a Honolulu Rainbow Ekiden t-shirt and complimentary ticket to the Honolulu Festival Friendship Gala on March 1. Race numbers will be available for pick up March 1-2 at the Honolulu Rainbow Ekiden desk at the Hawaii Convention Center.
The Honolulu Festival is proud to co-sponsor the Honolulu Rainbow Ekiden and have the relay race take place before the Waikiki Grand Parade and Nagaoka Fireworks show.
Register to run online at Active.com. For more information, visit honoluluekiden.com or honolulufestival.com.
The Honolulu Festival is celebrating its 19th year with a weekend of free arts and cultural displays, and live entertainment performances from Japan, China, Taiwan, Korea, Australia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Tahiti, Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii at three convenient locations in Waikiki, March 1-3, 2013.
Under the banner of "Pacific Harmony" and the theme, "Transforming the world; Connect! Discover! Let each experience fascinate you!" the Honolulu Festival's goal is to help perpetuate the strong cultural and ethnic ties between the people of Asia-Pacific and Hawaii.
SOURCE Honolulu Festival
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks