|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 11:43 AM EST||
WILLIAMSBURG, Va., Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The festive and timeless allure of Greater Williamsburg creates unforgettable holiday memories. Consider these seven ways to experience the region this year:
Carol through the Past: Join an evening of caroling with Governor Yeardley at Historic Jamestown's A Christmas Be Mery evening program before witnessing the firing of the Christmas guns on Jamestown Island.
Dance Minuets: Visit the historic Governor's Palace ballroom for A Collection of Colonial Dance, a special evening performance of colonial minuets, country, and theatrical dances accompanied by live music played on period musical instruments.
Experience Colonial Traditions: During A Colonial Christmas at Jamestown Settlement and Yorktown Victory Center, discover through historical interpretation the holiday traditions of 17th- and 18th-century colonial Virginia.
Take Tea with Charles Dickens: Create family memories on December 17 at Holiday Tea with Charles Dickens, featuring a delightful one-man performance of A Christmas Carol by Gerald Dickens, the great-great-grandson of Charles Dickens, at the Williamsburg Inn, celebrating its 75th anniversary this year.
Travel through Europe: Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration transforms America's most beautiful theme park into a winter wonderland with six million twinkling lights, dazzling Christmas-themed shows, culinary masterpieces and artisan-made gifts. 2012 brings new experiences with Holiday Hills, a nostalgia-inducing Americana Christmas-themed section of the park. Celebrate a time gone by when holiday traditions were bold, flashy and warm as apple pie.
Uncover Decorating Secrets: New for 2012, learn Colonial Williamsburg techniques for making the wreaths, swags, centerpieces, and traditional decorations using fresh fruit, greens and other natural material that decorate historic properties in the Revolutionary City.
Toast to the New Year: Join Williamsburg Lodge Executive Chef Rhys Lewis for Wine, Wit & Wisdom, the interactive wine tasting experience, as he pairs some of the world's greatest wines with artisan cheeses and chocolates for New Year's Eve in "Champagne" and Other Sparkling Places.
For more information on visiting Greater Williamsburg and the holiday offerings, go to www.visitwilliamsburg.com.
SOURCE Greater Williamsburg
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks