|By Marketwired .||
|November 28, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/28/12 -- Today at VentureBeat's CloudBeat 2012, VirtualSharp Software, the leading provider of next generation automated Disaster Recovery solutions for private and public clouds, announced record momentum for ReliableDR a year after launching version 3.0 at VentureBeat's CloudBeat 2011.
Disaster Recovery is a mandatory part of Business Continuity Planning that needs to be tested frequently for reliability and accuracy. Disaster Recovery testing used to be expensive and cumbersome but virtualization and cloud have made it easy and effective. Automated recovery processes in the cloud ensure that Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) become 'Actuals' (RPA/RTA) and organizations can guarantee compliance with corporate Business Continuity policies.
"We make Disaster Recovery testing a mundane and predictable task handled by software without human intervention," said Carlos Escapa, CEO and Co-Founder of VirtualSharp Software. "Service level agreements are tracked and enforced automatically, auditable anytime without disruption. We're seeing accelerating demand for our Disaster Recovery solutions as awareness grows regarding the ease and convenience of multi-cloud orchestration."
In the last 12 months, VirtualSharp Software has:
- Doubled the number of paying customers and quadrupled the number of VMware virtual machines licensed
- Released ReliableDR Free Edition at VMware's VMworld that customers can use to replicate as often as needed and automate migration and recovery testing
- Launched its Recovery-as-a-Service (RaaS) offering for Cloud Services Providers
- Expanded support of storage technologies to DataCore, Oracle Axiom and Nimble
- Launched its V#P Partner program and now has 54 partners spanning 23 countries
- Been named a Cool Vendor in Business Continuity Management and IT Disaster Recovery Management by Gartner
- Added VMware Co-Founder Ed Bugnion to its Board of Advisors
Enterprises on VirtualSharp Software:
"VirtualSharp verifies that the servers and applications are operational, and reports what the recovery time actual (RTA) would be," said Martin Bloem, Service Delivery Manager at Vivium Care Group. "In case of an emergency, we can now bring back production systems with the simple push of a button."
"VirtualSharp ReliableDR is unique. It has eliminated the need for manual DR testing and guarantees that our Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and Recovery Time Objective (RTO) for email and other business critical IT Services can always be met and become actuals, whatever the scenario," said Diego Gonzalez, IT Systems & Operations Manager at Santalucia.
"In the past we needed 5 people during 24 hours to recover 40% of the services, now we have raised this to 60% of the services and we only need 2 people for 6 hours," said Gonzalo Nieto, Distributed Systems Support Director at Kutxa.
"VirtualSharp Software is making good on its roadmap and delivering further game-changing features that increase the resilience of data centers and the confidence in Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery processes," said Fernando Baus, Director of IT Infrastructure at Bankia.
About VirtualSharp Software
VirtualSharp Software was founded in 2010 to address the new Disaster Recovery needs for the cloud era and was recently named a Cool Vendor in Business Continuity and IT Disaster Recovery Management by Gartner. VirtualSharp, an elite-level VMware Technology Alliance Partner, develops next generation Disaster Recovery software for private and public clouds that continuously and automatically certifies the recoverability of services running in the cloud. VirtualSharp's software enables unparalleled levels of resiliency for virtual IT infrastructures and full alignment between IT Disaster Recovery and Corporate Business Continuity Planning. For more information, visit: http://www.virtualsharp.com.
Media and Analyst Contact:
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks