|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 09:01 AM EST||
CUPERTINO, Calif. and LAS VEGAS, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Trend Micro Incorporated (TYO: 4704; TSE: 4704), the global leader in cloud security, and platinum sponsor of the AWS re:Invent Conference at the Venetian in Las Vegas, Nevada from November 27th- 29th, is announcing that global customers of Amazon Web Services (AWS) are able to take advantage of highly optimized security solutions from Trend Micro for their AWS deployments, including the newly announced AWS Storage Gateway. Customers deploying on AWS are now able to take advantage of newly listed Trend Micro security solutions available in the AWS Marketplace, providing a streamlined path to securing their cloud deployment. Global customers are leveraging Trend Micro security solutions today to shield their AWS cloud-based applications from threats, meet strict compliance regulations, and protect the privacy of their customer data stored in the cloud – all in a way that is easy to deploy and manage.
Trend Micro cloud security solutions are optimized for AWS, automating the protection for new AWS instances, automating the encryption of sensitive data stored in the cloud, and centralizing the management across hybrid cloud environments. Amazon Web Services is amongst the first public cloud service providers to be certified as part of the newly launched "Trend Ready for Cloud Service Providers" program, easing deployment for joint customers.
Wipro is a leading IT services firm that has combined AWS and Trend Micro together for rapid delivery of secure, reliable deployments in the cloud for multiple global customers.
"Wipro is actively deploying solutions on the Amazon cloud for leading global organizations," states Sheetal Metha, Global Head – Enterprise Security Services at Wipro. "As more and more of our customers are taking advantage of the cloud benefits by moving to AWS, they are demanding that we deliver solutions that include protection. With Trend Micro cloud security solutions we confidently deliver protection for customers' critical servers, applications, and sensitive data."
Virtualizing and pooling IT resources in the cloud enables organizations to realize significant cost savings and tremendous business agility – including the ability to deploy new cloud-based applications in a matter of minutes, and scale up and down instantly as demand changes. However, those valuable business benefits cannot be sustained without addressing the unique security challenges posed by cloud computing. While AWS provides secure facilities and hardware, customers are responsible for maintaining and protecting their operating systems, applications and data against malware attacks, zero-day vulnerabilities and data breach.
According to IDG Research's 2012 Cloud Computing Study (January 2012), 70 percent of enterprises have security concerns about security/privacy issues in virtualization or cloud environments. Corroborating this concern, Trend Micro's annual global cloud security survey* found that 43 percent of the respondents using a cloud service have experienced a data security lapse/issue in the last 12 months.
Recognizing that security concerns continue to deter enterprises from widespread deployments of business-critical applications in their reliable and cost-effective cloud service programs, Amazon has worked with Trend Micro to be certified in the Trend Ready for Cloud Service Provider program. The program helps to expedite a company's journey to the cloud by giving assurances that the journey is safe and protected through the use of Trend Micro security products in conjunction with leading service providers like AWS.
"Trend Micro has focused a significant amount of time and energy on delivering highly optimized security solutions for AWS deployments," said Dave Asprey, Vice President, Cloud Security, Trend Micro. "Trend Micro delivers proven threat protection and data security capabilities that help businesses address security needs when deploying on AWS, all in an automated and consistent way."
Protect Against Threats
Trend Micro has focused on innovating and enhancing security for virtualized and cloud deployments since 2005, providing customers with proven application and server protection for cloud workloads. Deep Security includes even more innovation, enabling customers to automate and simplify security operations on and across AWS deployments. Tightly integrated modules easily expand the platform to ensure server, application, and data security across Amazon EC2 instances. Security can be highly customized with any combination of anti-malware, firewall, IDS/IPS, web application protection, integrity monitoring, log inspection and reporting. Customers can access the latest version of Deep Security through the newly listed Amazon Web Services Marketplace listing.
Protecting Sensitive Data
Trend Micro helps to protect sensitive data through automated encryption and key management, enabling AWS users to protect the privacy of their data and make sure that only authorized servers access encryption keys. Trend Micro™ SecureCloud™ enables organizations to define the policies that determine where and when encrypted data can be accessed. In addition, server validation applies identity and integrity rules when servers request access to secure storage volumes. SecureCloud's elegant and highly automated approach safely delivers encryption keys to valid devices without the need to deploy an entire file system and management infrastructure.
Architected for cloud from the ground up, Trend Micro security products seamlessly support deployments on AWS, not only providing industry leading security capabilities but also including key integration points like:
- Seamless ability to perform inventory synchronization of AWS environment into Trend Micro security solutions, giving administrators an instant and complete view of security deployments and any gaps in protection.
- Automatic protection of newly deployed instances and automatic deletion of terminated instances in AWS, ensuring consistent security and management in the elastic cloud environment.
- Visibility into critical troubleshooting data for all protected instances, removing barriers often found in security organizations and enabling successful and timely resolution.
- Protection for AWS Storage Gateway, a new service connecting an on-premises software appliance with cloud-based storage to provide seamless and secure integration between an organization's on-premises IT environment and AWS's storage infrastructure.
- Support for AWS Linux kernels in addition to leading platforms like Microsoft Windows and various other Linux distributions (RedHat, SUSE, Ubuntu, CentOS), giving customers the flexibility to fully leverage a complete AWS environment for any instance they deploy.
- AWS has been tested and certified under the Trend Ready for Cloud Service Providers program.
To learn more about Trend Micro's Cloud Security Solutions, join a hands-on boot camp, or listen to a breakout session. Visit Trend Micro at Booth 201 during the AWS re:Invent Conference. Trend Micro will also be participating in the following speaking sessions:
SPR203: Cloud Security is a Shared Responsibility
Allan Macphee, Sr. Product Specialist, Trend Micro
Wednesday, November 28th, 2012
4:30 p.m. – 5:20 p.m.
SPR204: Securing Your Applications Across On-Premises IT and the AWS Cloud
Dave Asprey, Vice President, Cloud Security, Trend Micro
Wednesday, November 28th, 2012
3:25 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
1,400 IT professionals from the U.S., the U.K., Germany, Canada, India, Japan and Brazil (200 respondents from each of the seven countries) were invited to participate in a survey on cloud computing. These professionals, from enterprises with over 500 employees, make purchase decisions for cloud computing services, server virtualization or Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solutions.
About Trend Micro
Trend Micro Incorporated (TYO: 4704; TSE: 4704), the global cloud security leader, creates a world safe for exchanging digital information with its Internet content security and threat management solutions for businesses and consumers. A pioneer in server security with over 20 years' experience, we deliver top-ranked client, server and cloud-based security that fits our customers' and partners' needs, stops new threats faster, and protects data in physical, virtualized and cloud environments. Powered by the industry-leading Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ global threat intelligence data mining framework, our products and services stop threats where they emerge – from the Internet. They are supported by 1,000+ threat intelligence experts around the globe.
Additional information about Trend Micro Incorporated and the products and services are available at Trend Micro.com. This Trend Micro news release and other announcements are available at http://newsroom.trendmicro.com/ . Or follow our news on Twitter at @TrendMicro.
SOURCE Trend Micro Incorporated
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London