|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 08:45 AM EST||
BELLEVUE, Wash., Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Synology America Corp. today announced that select models of its plus series of DiskStations and RackStations have achieved VMware vSphere 5 ready Certification. This certification includes support for vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI).
Synology supports VAAI primitives including Hardware Assisted Locking (ATS), Block Zero, Full Copy, and Thin Provisioning. The complete VAAI support offloads tasks from ESXi to the storage array, realizing significant gains in performance and efficiency in storage utilization. By incorporating Synology storage solutions for virtualization, users can expand their capacity with minimal cost and complexity.
With the updated certification, the plus series joins the powerful XS+ and XS series. The XS series is comprised of both desktop and rack-mount form factors, and offer scalable storage and support for 10Gb Ethernet. The XS+ series offers even greater scalability and performance. Between the three product lines, VMware users can select the model and form factor that most closely meets their needs and their budget.
For more information, please see here: http://www.synology.com/dsm/highlight_synology_virtualization_support.php?lang=us
Founded in April of 2000, Synology Inc. is a leader in next-generation Network Attached Storage (NAS) servers for the home and small to medium sized business markets. Specializing in both hardware and software for network attached storage devices; Synology products are feature-rich, easy-to-use, energy-efficient, reliable and affordable. All Synology product investments are enhanced with product warranties, free software upgrades and 24/7 online support. Visit http://www.synology.com for more information.
Synology has a global presence with regional offices in the US (Bellevue, Washington), and the UK (London, England), Germany (Dusseldorf), and Taiwan (Taipei).
Synology America Corp.
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Synology Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher