|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 08:30 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Amazon AWS re: Invent Conference, Booth #429 -- TwinStrata, Inc., an innovator in cloud-integrated storage solutions, today announced that RxStrategies Inc., a Florida-based consultant to health care providers, has deployed TwinStrata CloudArray®, a flexible and powerful cloud-integrated storage solution, as the backbone of its new cloud-based business continuity strategy.
As part of its virtualization strategy, RxStrategies began to look for more time-, cost- and resource-efficient disaster recovery solutions. With a primary focus on serving its partners, RxStrategies wanted to ensure that its partners would always be able to access necessary data – even if the company's primary site went down.
Since RxStrategies is based in Florida, the company requires a comprehensive, effective and responsive disaster recovery strategy to safeguard its business and its partners in the event of hurricane or other disaster. The company's progressive approach to business continuity includes cloud-based virtual machines and required a solution that ensured RxStrategies' partners could retain access to their data through the cloud-hosted virtual machines.
The flexibility of CloudArray enables users to treat the cloud as though it were a local storage area network, making it easy and intuitive for users to access data from the cloud, in this case, Amazon S3. Meanwhile, CloudArray's ability to work with more than 20 cloud storage providers also means that RxStrategies has an additional safeguard available if it ever chooses to. The company's future strategy includes backing up to more than one cloud storage provider, insulating it from any cloud outages and providing ensured availability to its partners.
In addition, because CloudArray can operate in a cloud compute environment such as Amazon EC2, RxStrategies has effectively future-proofed their storage strategy – a virtual CloudArray appliance suits today's needs, and the in-cloud CloudArray is available when they decide to make the move.
Brian Witlarge, System Administrator, RxStrategies:
- "We were looking for an appliance that could help us put data in the cloud in case of a failure, but didn't require us to have to build APIs. TwinStrata had a virtual SAN infrastructure and a cloud back-end, which was appealing. The solution was as simple as using an iPod – it did exactly what it was supposed to do, and it did so simply and elegantly."
Rick Debay, RxStrategies:
- "Having a reliable and responsive disaster recovery strategy is a critical part of serving our partners. As hurricane damage can result in severe power outages and extensive damage to a large area, our business continuity plan needs to include the ability to recover to a distant site, yet still access all our data. TwinStrata enables us to do exactly that."
Nicos Vekiarides, CEO, TwinStrata:
- "There's no shortage of criteria that businesses use when evaluating cloud strategies and vendors, but the basic tenets of 'make it fast, safe and easy' apply across the board. RxStrategies found that TwinStrata exceeded those criteria and also offered an enhanced transparency, efficiency and flexibility. We're pleased RxStrategies chose TwinStrata to overcome the challenge of managing their virtual cloud infrastructure."
- Read a case study about how RxStrategies is using cloud storage:
- To try TwinStrata CloudArray for free, visit www.twinstrata.com/free-trial
- Follow TwinStrata at http://twitter.com/TwinStrata and http://facebook.com/TwinStrata
About Rx Strategies
RxStrategies provides the federally qualified community health centers (FQHC), other qualified entities and the pharmacy partners with a full turn-key solution for the implementation and on-going management of the 340B discount prescription drug program. This program is a proven vehicle to deliver the much-needed prescription drugs to patients at the lowest cost possible under the law and also increases the value and quality of care that health centers provide.
About TwinStrata, Inc.
TwinStrata delivers cloud-integrated storage solutions that seamlessly combine the flexibility of cloud-based technologies with the robustness of traditional storage. As a result, customers benefit from significant reductions in IT costs, time and administrative requirements. Customers of all sizes use TwinStrata to capitalize on the cloud's scalability and economy advantages without sacrificing the security, performance and peace of mind of local storage. More information is available at twinstrata.com.
Mark Smith, JPR Communications
818-884-8282, ext. 22
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks