|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 07:04 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Masterworks Broadway will release the Original Broadway Cast Recording of the new musical CHAPLIN. Produced by Grammy-winner David Lai, the album will be available via digital download on December 4, 2012 with the CD following on January 8, 2013. The Original Cast Recording of CHAPLIN will also be available for purchase in the Barrymore Theatre.
CHAPLIN, a new musical depicting the life of film icon Charlie Chaplin, with music and lyrics by Christopher Curtis and book by three-time Tony Award-winner Thomas Meehan (Annie, The Producers, Hairspray) and Christopher Curtis, opened on Broadway on Monday, September 10, 2012. Previews began Tuesday, August 21, 2012. Warren Carlyle (Finian's Rainbow; Hugh Jackman, Back on Broadway) directs and choreographs the production.
CHAPLIN stars Rob McClure in the title role, and also features Jim Borstelmann (Alf Reeves), Jenn Colella (Hedda Hopper), Ethan Khusidman, Erin Mackey (Oona O'Neill), Michael McCormick (Sennett, McGranery, Emcee), Christiane Noll (Hannah Chaplin), Zachary Unger (Young Charlie, Jackie) and Wayne Alan Wilcox (Sydney Chaplin).
The production also includes Justin Bowen, Emilee Dupre, Sara Edwards, Leslie Donna Flesner, Lisa Gajda, Timothy Hughes, Ian Liberto, Renee Marino, Michael Mendez, Sarah O'Gleby, Hayley Podschun, Adam Rogers, William Ryall, Eric Santagata and Emily Tyra.
The creative team for CHAPLIN includes scenic design by Beowulf Boritt, costume design by Amy Clark and Martin Pakledinaz, lighting design by Ken Billington, sound design by Scott Lehrer and Drew Levy, and projection design by Jon Driscoll. Bryan Perri is the musical director.
From the slums of London to the heights of Hollywood, CHAPLIN is the showbiz Broadway musical about the silent film legend the world couldn't stop talking about - Charlie Chaplin. The brand new 24-person musical reveals the man behind the legend, the undeniable genius that forever changed the way America went to the movies.
Tickets for CHAPLIN can be purchased through Telecharge at www.telecharge.com or by calling 212-239-6200, and in person at the Barrymore Theatre box office (243 West 47th Street). Tickets range in price from $49.00 to $135.50 (all prices include a $1.50 facility fee). Premium seating is available.
Masterworks Broadway is a label of Sony Masterworks. For email updates and information on Masterworks Broadway please visit www.masterworksbroadway.com. For more information on the musical, please visit www.ChaplinBroadway.com.
The Original Broadway Cast Recording of CHAPLIN Track listing:
- Look at All the People
- Whatcha Gonna Do?
- If I Left London
- Sennett Song
- Look at All the People (Reprise)
- Tramp Shuffle Pt. 1
- Tramp Shuffle Pt. 2
- Life Can Be Like the Movies
- The Look-A-Like Contest
- Just Another Day in Hollywood
- The Life That You Wished For
- When It All Falls Down
- The Man of All Countries
- What Only Love Can See
- The Exile
- Where Are All the People?
- What Only Love Can See (Reprise)
- This Man
- Finale/Tramp Reprise
SOURCE Masterworks Broadway
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks