|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 07:04 AM EST||
LONDON, November 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Programme leaders from the US Navy and Northrop Grumman Corporation have detailed the progress on the E-2D Hawkeye in an exclusive interview ahead of the company's involvement in Defence IQ's 12th Annual Airborne Early Warning event taking place in Paris from January 22 - 24. Listen to the full interview at http://www.airborneearlywarning.com.
Bart LaGrone, Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems vice president for the Airborne Early Warning and Battle Management Command and Control (AEW/BMC2) programmes, and the new USN programme manager for the E-2D, Captain John "Chet" Lemmon, confirmed that initial test and evaluation of the aircraft had been completed and that the current contract is for provision of 20 E-2Ds to the Navy, with other foreign sales under consideration.
"Northrop Grumman has been the lead sponsor for this AEW conference since its inception more than a decade ago," said Lagrone.
"As the global leader in Airborne Early Warning and Battle Management Command and Control Systems, we at Northrop Grumman feel this forum facilitates a free exchange and advancement of ideas by bringing together subject matter experts representing numerous communities from various countries; the attendees can be guaranteed an intense two day experience.
"I believe the E-2D Advanced Hawkeye is built on an incredible legacy and I believe Defence IQ and their hosting of the AEW conference is a great way to kick off another milestone in Airborne Early Warning."
The conference website also hosts a range of new resources for those interested in the subject, as well as the latest agenda featuring senior commanders from the Royal Navy French Navy, Brazilian Air Force, and Swedish Air Force, among others. For more information on the Airborne Early Warning agenda, you can download the full programme here.
Bookings for Airborne Early Warning can be made by visiting the site, by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling +44(0)20-7368-9300.
Notes to editor:
Northrop Grumman is the lead sponsor for Defence IQ's Airborne Early Warning conference taking place in Paris in January. For more information, please visit http://www.airborneearlywarning.com.
About Defence IQ:
Defence IQ is an authoritative news source for high quality and exclusive commentary and analysis on global defence and military-related topics. You can join the 65,000-strong community now for free: http://www.defenceiq.com/join.cfm
SOURCE Defence IQ
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London