|By Marketwire .||
|November 28, 2012 05:01 AM EST||
KEARNY, NJ -- (Marketwire) -- 11/28/12 -- At The Smile and Implant Center, New Jersey dentist Dr. Harry Harcsztark provides tailored treatment plans for patients dealing with the painful symptoms of TMD (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder). Dr. Harcsztark says often times patients are unaware of the causes of these symptoms, but through a comprehensive evaluation, he can effectively determine the source of the pain, which is most often TMD.
According to Dr. Harcsztark, the most common symptoms of TMD are:
- Headaches (especially in the afternoon)
- Pain in jaw joints when chewing or opening wide
- Frequent migraines
- Neck and backaches
- Pain when closing the teeth together
When evaluating a patient for TMD, Dr. Harcsztark asks detailed questions about how the symptoms started, if the symptoms are trauma or stress related and if the patient grinds their teeth, along with other diagnostic questions. He says his goal at his New Jersey dentistry practice is to completely understand the origin of the symptoms before diagnosing the patient with TMD. After a thorough evaluation, he consults with patients about the most effective treatment options to relieve their symptoms.
Dr. Harcsztark says understanding the difference between a neuromuscular event, traumatic event and dislocation event is essential when diagnosing a patient with TMD. He adds treatment options vary based on the type of event:
"The majority of the time, TMD is caused by a neuromuscular event, meaning the patient's bite is unbalanced and there is stress on the jaw joint. To relieve this stress, we offer a variety of treatment options including a TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) unit, an electrical device that stimulates the nerves to reduce pain. We can also administer night guards to help cushion the joint throughout the healing process."
Following a successful TMD treatment, Dr. Harcsztark says most patients who have had migraines and headaches for years and years report virtually no pain. By reducing stress on the jaw joint and balancing their overall bite, Dr. Harcsztark can reliably treat his patients for TMD, allowing them to be pain-free.
About Harry J. Harcsztark, DDS
Dr. Harry Harcsztark is a graduate of New York University College of Dentistry, where he earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery. He is a founding member of the American Academy of Facial Cosmetics and is member of professional dental organizations including the American Dental Association, New Jersey Dental Association and the Academy of General Dentistry. Dr. Harcsztark is available for interview upon request.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2164630
The Smile & Implant Center
837 Kearny Avenue
Kearny, NJ 07032
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks