|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 04:02 AM EST||
GOTHENBURG, Sweden, November 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
There is now a unique opportunity to acquire Saab cars that have never before been available for sale. These include cars where only a few examples were ever made, as well as a number of cars of the models Saab Automobile AB began to produce but which never made it on to the market. The auction, which includes 68 Saabs, starts today on KVD Kvarndammen's market place http://www.kvdauctions.com and concludes on 15-16 December.
The cars include two examples of the 9-3 Cabriolet Independence Edition, the special model made in 2011 to celebrate Saab's first year as an independent car manufacturer. The intention was to produce 366 cars, but production was stopped due to the bankruptcy and today there are only 38 examples to be found in the world.
- Saab has always had a unique position on the international market and many customers have had a long and loyal relationship with the brand. Now that the last ever cars that were produced by Saab Automobile AB are coming up for sale, we expect interest from Saab enthusiasts all over the world," says Per Blomberg, Business Area Manager of KVD Kvarndammen.
Also featured in the auction are 18 of just 30 9-5 NEW SportCombis that were made and 29 of the 54 9-5 New Sedan 2012 models that were built. Among them is the very last Saab 9-5 Sedan that was fully finished in the factory at Trollhättan. None of these models has come onto the market.
Out of approximately 700 examples of Saab's last SUV, 9-4X, there remain 10 in the auction. Among them are the car with chassis number 1 for the European market.
In addition to these models are one of the three existing Saab 9-3 SportCombis in Sky Blue and also the Saab 9-5 Aero V6 300hp automatic that was used as a company car by Victor Muller.
The auction has been commissioned by Saab's receivers in bankruptcy. The cars are being sold individually and bidding takes place on KVD Kvarndammen's market place http://www.kvd.se and http://www.kvdauctions.com. Photographs and detailed information about the cars may be found on these websites. Some of the cars cannot be driven on the road, others are ready for immediate use, while others need to be completed or registered. The conditions applying to each car will be found with its description on the website.
PDF with all the cars: http://www.mynewsdesk.com/se/pressroom/kvd/document/list
It will be possible for the media to come and look at the cars on Tuesday 4 December. This will occur in Wallhamn on the island of Tjörn, a few miles north of Göteborg. The press inspection starts at 13.00 and, for security reasons, it will be necessary to register in advance. Register by e-mailing name, contact information and name of company to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the auction and the cars: email@example.com. For photographs or media questions about the auction, contact Dag Thyselius, information officer at KVD Kvarndammen on firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the Saab bankruptcy, contact Hans L. Bergqvist, Partner, Advokatfirman Delphi on email@example.com or Anne-Marie Pouteaux, Partner, Wistrand Advokatbyrå on firstname.lastname@example.org .
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher