|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 04:02 AM EST||
READING, England, November 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Milton Keynes facility gears up to support data critical enterprises migrating to colocation, managed hosting and cloud computing
Cloud, colocation and connectivity experts, Pulsant has completed a major £3.8 million expansion at its Tier 4 data centre in Milton Keynes, bringing the site's total capacity to 37,000 sq ft.
The expansion will support both large and small UK businesses, which rely on mission-critical data, by delivering trusted colocation, managed hosting and cloud computing services from highly resilient, high density Tier 4 level facilities. It will also provide additional space for Pulsant's existing enterprise and large-scale financial service tenants to grow.
Mark Howling, CEO at Pulsant, comments, "This is a flagship data centre in a prime 'out of London' location for businesses seeking an established, high quality, highly secure and PCI compliant facility. It operates to ISO27001, supports high rack power densities up to 15Kw, is connected by a resilient, multi-carrier high speed network with 0.2ms of network latency and is within one hour of the Capital."
Nationwide, Pulsant serves 3,000 customers from its eight UK datacentres, which range from Tier 2 to Tier 4. Current UK expansion programmes, at Milton Keynes, Reading, South London and Scotland, are adding a further 2,000 racks - ramping up the company's UK capacity in strategic locations, where it is needed most.
Howling adds, "Many businesses, particularly in financial services, retail and enterprise sectors, as well as Software as a Service providers, are looking for Tier 4 facilities that offer the right combination of resilience, 100 per cent availability and 24/7 service. At Milton Keynes, Pulsant is able to provide flexible, cost-conscious data storage solutions that meet a broad range of needs. For those whose data is absolutely crucial for sales, CRM or business operations, our enhanced Tier 4 facilities offer unmatched resilience, performance and support to keep their websites, databases and networks live at all times. That's why over 100 customers already trust our Milton Keynes site."
Milton Keynes provides superior resilience through multiple utility sources, advanced power management and sophisticated operational and system monitoring; making it ideal for companies seeking secure off-site data storage or business recovery, data backup and compliance requirements. In addition, the facility is designed to minimise environmental impact as 100 per cent of its energy is from renewable and sustainable resources.
The extended data centre will also be used to provide multi-site capability for Pulsant's recently launched Enterprise Cloud platform, designed to offer new levels of speed, efficiency and performance for customers looking to take advantage of cloud computing applications and services. Milton Keynes is diversely linked to Pulsant's other data centre's to provide a wide range of multi-site services including business continuity and disaster recovery.
Howling concludes, "As one of the country's leading independent suppliers of data centre services, we are delighted to be able to invest in facilities that free enterprises from the constraints and costs of managing their own infrastructure. Our investment in Milton Keynes, once again, confirms our commitment to delivering world-class data solutions backed by outstanding support and renowned customer service."
- Pulsant supports more than 3,000 mid-tier and enterprise customers from its eight UK-based ISO 27001 compliant data centres.
- Pulsant provides world class technology and exceptional people creating advanced and innovative solutions that optimise performance and cost effectively manage, store and safeguard data.
- Pulsant's 'Triple-A' service models ensures the right 'Access, Ability and Action' to deliver 24/7 support from multiple UK-based operation centres.
- 100% of the energy used within Pulsant's data centres is from renewable sources.
For more information, please visit http://www.pulsant.com
Pulsant Press Contacts:
Liv Nixon / Sarah Wilson
Tel: +44-2073-134-592 /+44-207-313-4594
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks